which teams are overpriced for their items?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: which teams are overpriced for their items?

The Rockies depends on the year - their hats are normally well priced, but jerseys are all over the place.

Even last years jerseys from guys that are no longer here can be as much as $150ea.

On a side note, the Rox just keep shutting out their true fans more and more - I get irritated reading about all the Fan Fests... the Rox use to do a Winter Caravan... this year will be the third in a row with an under the radar 'Fan Fest' - as long as you are a Season Ticket Holder. regular fans who can't afford Season Tickets aren't invited and can't buy admission.

Also, the Rox did a LOTTO for the 1st time in their history for Opening Day tickets... again, unless you were a Season Ticket holder in which case you can buy pretty much all you want... they are the CHEAPEST team in MLB in terms of SGAs (Stadium Give Aways), etc. In fact, unless the 'sponsor' of an SGA is willing to pay fully for the items the Rox are giving away, then the Rox aren't interested.

Sorry for the rant....

- Chris

Comment

• lehmsbobby
      • Jul 2009

For me living in San Francisco

the giants are insanely priced. jerseys start at 500 dollars for coaches and then go up to about 2500.

tim lincecum signed all star baseballs are a cool 500 dollars. end of story.
      Thanks,
      Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Comment

• mariner_gamers
        • May 2008

Originally posted by lehmsbobby
        For me living in San Francisco

the giants are insanely priced. jerseys start at 500 dollars for coaches and then go up to about 2500.

tim lincecum signed all star baseballs are a cool 500 dollars. end of story.

Yup, I think you have the Mariners beat but they don't get any Ichiban or George Jr. used items so we could be in it if they could score some......
        Davis Emburey
        demburey@netzero.net
        Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

At the Diamondbacks Team Shop (and the special GU shop they opened up last year) it's tough to find a bat for less than $125, regardless of whose it is. They'll have Spring Training bats from no-name players who didn't even make the team that they want $125 for. And they never drop the price, regardless of how long the bat is there; they've had a nice brown Brent Mayne LS from when he was with the team in '04 sitting in there for at least three years, and I'm probably one of the few fans who even remember Mayne playing for us or want the bat, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of money for it.

Even bench players' jerseys seldom go for less than $350, and "star" players' (like Eric Byrnes , who I'm happy to say is now somebody else's problem) for as much as $500.
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• Instanton
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by xpress34
            The Rockies depends on the year - their hats are normally well priced, but jerseys are all over the place.

Even last years jerseys from guys that are no longer here can be as much as $150ea.

On a side note, the Rox just keep shutting out their true fans more and more - I get irritated reading about all the Fan Fests... the Rox use to do a Winter Caravan... this year will be the third in a row with an under the radar 'Fan Fest' - as long as you are a Season Ticket Holder. regular fans who can't afford Season Tickets aren't invited and can't buy admission.

Also, the Rox did a LOTTO for the 1st time in their history for Opening Day tickets... again, unless you were a Season Ticket holder in which case you can buy pretty much all you want... they are the CHEAPEST team in MLB in terms of SGAs (Stadium Give Aways), etc. In fact, unless the 'sponsor' of an SGA is willing to pay fully for the items the Rox are giving away, then the Rox aren't interested.

Sorry for the rant....

- Chris
            Your rant is not in vain. You and me both. It would have been great if the medical clinic, a week ago, was for the public. It'd be enjoyable seeing some top prospects getting healty. As well as a few veterans, like Jeff Francis.

Comment

Working...