Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Nationals NatsFest

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SNOW WILL BE
    HEAVIEST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE TEENS.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE
    EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR
    IMPOSSIBLE.

Sunday could be a tough day to have the Fest. Maybe a postponement?

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM View Post
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SNOW WILL BE
    HEAVIEST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE TEENS.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE
    EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR
    IMPOSSIBLE.

Sunday could be a tough day to have the Fest. Maybe a postponement?
    That would stink for those of you going if it got postponed

They did not cancel any of the three Winter Carnival stops today despite the snow so I doubt a cold day with no snow will prevent them from staging the event which is 100% indoors. My advice if you are going take Metro rail or Metro bus.

Banned

It's still on, as of 9:00am.

For the latest weather-related info, call (202) 640-7575.

Well, from the looks of things at the Hot Stove lunch there wasn't much there to begin with. I was one of the first in, but since one person came in and immediately grabbed all of the few decent jerseys for himself, it's impossible to tell what was there. There was a blue Lannan in there on Friday, but that's all I remember seeing before.

Did get Milledge's game worn hat from the stadium opening from the Dream Foundation and finally got a couple of dugout lineup cards. They were overpriced at $100 ($200 for Yankees, Red Sox), but I sprang for it since they are so hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by 08Cubs View Post
    Well, from the looks of things at the Hot Stove lunch there wasn't much there to begin with. I was one of the first in, but since one person came in and immediately grabbed all of the few decent jerseys for himself, it's impossible to tell what was there. There was a blue Lannan in there on Friday, but that's all I remember seeing before.

Did get Milledge's game worn hat from the stadium opening from the Dream Foundation and finally got a couple of dugout lineup cards. They were overpriced at $100 ($200 for Yankees, Red Sox), but I sprang for it since they are so hard to find.
    Sent you a pm.

what kind of prices did they have?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalssticks View Post
    what kind of prices did they have?
    Jim Reed got the gem which was the Lannan blue alternate 2009 with good use and that was $450. All current players otherwise were $250 and others were $100.

I knew there was a Brian Schneider in there which turned out to be a Set 1 2005 which was a Grail item for me since I own all of his catcher's gear from Opening Day 2005. Still surprised with all the auctions, sales, and last years NatsFests that this jersey surfaced! Also got a Brad Wilkerson and John Patterson and Carlos Baerga from 2005 and would call them "light use".

MarkFD got the Jose' Guillen Set 3 2005 with the hand trimmed hem. Litterally was cut off with scissors. Not sure what else Mark got.

I got Jim Riggleman's 2009 Set 1 Home jersey which was $250 and had really good use and already got Jim Riggleman to sign and inscribe it.

It turned out a couple of the jerseys marked Game Used had 6200 tags in them and were not game used and were authentics.

The Dream Foundation had a Game Used Austin Kearns and a couple of caps that went quickly.

Didn't see anyone buying the game used bats and the lineup card prices were steep.

When we walked by at 1:30 there were still some 2009 player jerseys like Pete Orr and a 2009 Saul Rivera.

Just from the text messages I received to let everyone know that there were no Jesus Flores, Adam Dunn or Ryan Zimmerman jerseys there.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I just got back from the NatsFest. I got there too late for any of the game used items arriving around 12:30. When I got to the shop there were only a few jerseys remaining as well as the lineup cards and GU baseballs Andrew mentioned.

Overall it was a good time. We toured the clubhouses and my son was able to get his picture taken with Ryan Zimmerman. The kids zone was also well done and not too crowded. The lines for autographs looked long, as I expected.

IMO the Nats put on a good show that was certainly fan friendly.

Andrew, congrats on the jerseys- sounds like a nice haul.

I got 4 2005 GU jerseys: Guillen, Loaiza, Byrd and Bennett. It was fun to meet some of the other GUU forum users and get my 2009 Stammen GU. Jersey signed and my 2007 Pudge GU bat signed.