Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Nationals NatsFest

So it was just the barrell and they didn't have the handle???

Do they really think people will pay that much for a barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Do they really think people will pay that much for a barrel?
    I think so! I don't think they sold 1 bat. There were some cracked bats that were in 1 piece too. Guys like Anderson Hernandez, Willie Harris, Wil Nieves and a few others.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

There was a pretty nice Dukes bat in there they were selling for $100. There was a decent size chunk out of one side of the handle, but the bat was intact. I would have bought it if I didn't already have one.

The Kearns jersey at the Dream Foundation booth was a TBTC they were asking $200 for. I already have LoDuca's, so didn't particularly want another.

The Nats are making steady progress with the fan side of the organization, but I really wish they would find a better way to deal with their game used. First, I'm stunned there was so little in there, and what there was wasn't all that exciting - although I did look at the Rick Short jersey a bit. As was discussed in the Orioles Fanfest thread, IMHO the way the Cubs do it (by auction at the convention) is the best. You may pay a lot for desirable items but at least you know where to find it, it is transparent who it is going to, and everyone gets an equal shot.

So, based on the holo the game used balls that were on offer were from 2007, which would have been good to know since I thought the one I bought was from that date in 2009.

Natinals.