Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned

Re: OT - Case study on FanFests

I find most (not all, though) of the kids to be obnoxious and cursed with a feeling of entitlement, especially when they see adults backing them up. When I catch a BP baseball, I'll get the "Give it to a kid" line, which usually transaltes to "give it to MY kid". I usually ignore these, and, when I do give one out, it's to a kid 10 or 15 rows up, or to one just coming down from the concourse. I gave a brat at New Comiskey a fotoball of Mike greenwell when I caught a BP HR and he whined for it. Greenwell was shagging fly balls in front of us, and the kid demanded (not asked for) an autograph. Greenwell expalined that he couldn't sign while he was working, so the rugrat THREW the ball at Greenwell!!

I could start awhole thread about obnoxious kids/parents stroies...maybe I'll start it myself tomorrow.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I find most (not all, though) of the kids to be obnoxious and cursed with a feeling of entitlement, especially when they see adults backing them up. When I catch a BP baseball, I'll get the "Give it to a kid" line, which usually transaltes to "give it to MY kid". I usually ignore these, and, when I do give one out, it's to a kid 10 or 15 rows up, or to one just coming down from the concourse. I gave a brat at New Comiskey a fotoball of Mike greenwell when I caught a BP HR and he whined for it. Greenwell was shagging fly balls in front of us, and the kid demanded (not asked for) an autograph. Greenwell expalined that he couldn't sign while he was working, so the rugrat THREW the ball at Greenwell!!

I could start awhole thread about obnoxious kids/parents stroies...maybe I'll start it myself tomorrow.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Can't wait to hear all your stories

Back in 2007 at Shea stadium a young kid,maybe 10 or 9 the oldest, very funny to a ball player. Joe Smith was singing autographs and the kid asked Joe if he could have his hat, and Joe said, "You want my hat?" and smiled. Joe is a very nice guy BTW, but couldn't give up his hat.

I just wish the Atlanta Braves would have one this year. The've had them at the Stadium in the past, at the huge World Congress Trade Center a couple of years ago and then had what they called an Autographfest at the stadium last year. All have had things I've loved and things that didn't work out so well for everyone.

However this year, considering they're probably the best team in baseball, with a huge ever-growing national fan base, with every game a complete sell-out, with fan's fighting to just get a chance at having the luxury to purchase a ticket, with the waiting list for season tickets being handed down from one generation to the next, and attendance at every game growing and growing... they've decided it's not worth the hassle to put on something for Braves fans.

You gotta love some of the front office people the Braves have in charge of marketing. Geez, now I keep forgetting why I didn't renew those season tickets.
    Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

sox83cubs84-I really thought i was taking a chance when i replied about the "kids only line" with my sarcastic-IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS.But i am surprised to find out i am not alone on the thought towards kids at games.First xpress34 shared my same thought and now you.Thank you as i thought i was all alone on this.I have never caught a ball at a game,not even as a kid.But my brother did and of course go that "give it to a kid".I can believe the kid that in your story.He thew the ball at him.Wow,if that was my kid,or if i did that,that for sure would be the last game i or my kid went to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Sorry once again grammer police.Wow, i really butchered that last post of mine ,did'nt i? We really need a edit button.Or better yet i need to learn to proof read before hitting the darn reply button.Sorry everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hiramman View Post
    You gotta love some of the front office people the Braves have in charge of marketing. Geez, now I keep forgetting why I didn't renew those season tickets.
    I have thought the same thing sometimes with respect to the decision makers of off-the-field decisions.

I remember about over 10 years ago when the Braves took some of their season tickets holders and formed a fan focus group that made suggestions to the marketing group which had many ideas implemented.

It is a shame to see a team move backwards in marketing efforts, but I am sure it comes down to time and money.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500