Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Disneyworld and Spring Training

Anyone tried incorporating a family vacation to disneyworld while going to spring training games in Florida? Wondering if it is feasible distance-wise and also thought a member has already tried this. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: OT: Disneyworld and Spring Training

Pretty easy to do. The Braves train on the Disney campus. Other sites are within 2-3 hour drive so you can do Disney for a few days and ST for a few days and make a week out of it. We are doing a similar trip the first week of March.

hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Anyone tried incorporating a family vacation to disneyworld while going to spring training games in Florida? Wondering if it is feasible distance-wise and also thought a member has already tried this. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Joel
    Joel - We did it 2 years in a row and hope to again this year. We have done the Braves, Tigers, and Nationals. Hope to do the Yankees if we go this year.

The Braves complex at Disney is amazing. I think I posted pics last year too.

We had a rent-a-car so it was easy drives to the other parks.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I made a Vero Beach/Dodgertown to Disney World trip once... It was a doable drive and arrive at park open with an early departure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

You will be in the middle of it all. Two hours away from the $pankees on the West Coast and 3-4 hours from the East Coast Teams....

link of locations.....

http://www.flasports.com/page_prospo...training.shtml
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

thanks a lot for all the replies. your info will be very helpful.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    You will be in the middle of it all. Two hours away from the $pankees on the West Coast and 3-4 hours from the East Coast Teams....

link of locations.....

http://www.flasports.com/page_prospo...training.shtml
    this is precisely why I love AZ ST. Especially starting next year when the Dbacks and Rockies move up to Scottsdale every park is less than an hour from any other park in the area. As is it now its still only a 90 minute drive to go to Tucson (but I can't stand that park and its anti autograph rules so I don't bother to ever go down there anymore)

climate wise there are pretty similar in March but it just doesn't seem to make any sense travel wise to have ST in Florida IMHO.

The Astros train only about 15 miles from the Braves, also in the Orlando area. The Braves are right by Disney World, and most of the other Florida spring training sites are within a couple of hours of the Braves. Be careful when you get south of Port St Lucie, though ( eg FT Lauderdale) as Miami megaopolis traffic starts to become a problem at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    The Astros train only about 15 miles from the Braves, also in the Orlando area. The Braves are right by Disney World, and most of the other Florida spring training sites are within a couple of hours of the Braves. Be careful when you get south of Port St Lucie, though ( eg FT Lauderdale) as Miami megaopolis traffic starts to become a problem at that point.
    thanks I need to study some maps or do a mapquest from disneyword to tampa training center, if that passes the miami traffic youre talking about.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Miami traffic won't be an issue on the Orlando/Tampa travel. Ft. Lauderdale/Miami is southeast of the Disney area, while Tampa is west, with no major cities in between.

Dave M.
    Chicago area