Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ba Bye Brett!

Re: Ba Bye Brett!

As a huge Packers fan and I love Aaron Rodgers, but honestly how much better can Rodgers get? I don't see him ever coming close to Favre, Brady, or Peyton Manning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    As a huge Packers fan and I love Aaron Rodgers, but honestly how much better can Rodgers get? I don't see him ever coming close to Favre, Brady, or Peyton Manning.
    Rodgers has only played TWO full seasons, and is all ready a very elite QB. He's tough(look at all the sacks he endured this year.) He's one of the highest rated passers ever after 32 starts. I mean, how much better of a start do you want? Brett Favre was a one of very rare type of player. You really can't compare Rogers or anyone to him. He's a throwback type player, the likes of we might not see again. There are ALOT of teams who would LOVE to have Rodgers. The guy's a really good one. I'm far from a Packer fan, and I'm saying that !

If he wins 1 or 2 lombardi's he will be in a class with them.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

Now that is heavily in favor of current players but it still says alot of his future.

I'm not saying I want Rodgers to do more, I just think it's hard to follow Favre's footsteps. It's a funny game though, one injury can end anyone's career. or could just fade away like Matt Hasslebeck without ever accomplishing a title.

Banned

Brett Favre reminds me of Ted Kennedy - both of those guys stayed longer than they should have and in the end, it cost both of their teams, an important victory. But, in fairness to Brett, if you took him out of the Vikings lineup this season, would the Vikings have made it to the title game?

Just my opinion - hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    tdkid-I am assumming you were talking to me when you said to the jared allen hater.Yeah i laughed my butt off when i saw him doing that.And mocking that stubid celebration that overrated cowboy does.And are you kidding me that the refs wanted the vikes to win.Did you hear the annoucers on fox.I mean aikman is alright but i can not stand buck.What a obviously favre lover he is.He is a a terribel announcer.I remember back in the world series this year at yankee stadium he kept giving wheather reports.Yeah we get it buck its cold in new york in november.Yeah and it is rainy in seattle and hot in las vegas.
    Coulda been worse...what if, instead of Aikman, Buck was doing the game with John Madden? I think Madden has erotic fantasies about Favre.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

I'm not saying I want Rodgers to do more, I just think it's hard to follow Favre's footsteps. It's a funny game though, one injury can end anyone's career. or could just fade away like Matt Hasslebeck without ever accomplishing a title.
    Yeah, Favre has all those records,MVPs,the amazining consecutive Games played streak. But Brett has ONE title. If Rodgers win two, wouldn't that be better than Favre ? Isn't that the true measurement of success? Don't get me wrong Favre is in my opinion one of the top three QBs to ever play the game. Whether I like him or not, i have to say that. And i really don't like him at all ! LOL But, if Rodgers wins two titles for the Pack, I'd put him right up there with Favre.

I think Marino was the best quarterback so far, and he has never won a title. In the end Brady or Peyton will be the best.

Favre made the bad throw but I'd lay the blame on the coach for this one. Childress is a "Favre lover". His game plan was to have Favre throw for 500 yds and throw 6 td passes. He should have known that NO is great at getting to the QB. Last year MN had the #1 rushing offense, why go away from that and have over the hill brett throw it 45-50 times???

Also, the only reason Favre only threw 7 picks all season was because his wr's and TE's were in single coverage all year. Thanks to the threat of AP. Put over the hill Favre on an avg. running team and you get 15-20 picks a year easy.

On the opening drive when Favre dropped back and threw 8 times in a row, my dad and I looked at eachother and said,"here comes a 4 pick game"! I hate the Vikings, but I still would've like to have seen Favre in one last Superbowl. Too bad his coach lets him do whatever he wants.

Banned

I think Marino was the best quarterback so far, and he has never won a title. In the end Brady or Peyton will be the best.

Marino was a great QB. But the best so far ? Better than Montana,Johnny U,Namath,Favre,Elway? Not even close. Winning titles is the ultimate measure of greatness, and Marino only made it to the big game once and lost. He might make my top 10 on a good day. But the best ever ? Not a chance !