Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Farve=Bill Buckner??

How could he chance that pass when he had 10 yards to run and get a FG to win the game?..He's football's Bill Buckner now. Way to go Saints!

Re: Farve=Bill Buckner??

He should have thrown that ball away, instead he got picked

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    How could he chance that pass when he had 10 yards to run and get a FG to win the game?..He's football's Bill Buckner now. Way to go Saints!

Bit of a different scenario but it was two years ago in OT when Bret launched that ridiculous floating pass against the Giants that was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen and punched the Giants ticket to the Super Bowl. It looked like then that Bret wanted to go back indoors to hit the showers and get some heat instead of being out on that field in subzero temperatures. Say what you will but in the biggest games, he has not exactly been money the last ten plus years.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

You are sooo right. The Vikings had the game won. Then 12 men in the huddle cost them five yards, and then Brett threw the bad pass.....

Not to mention the two fumbles with in the Saints 10 yd line, how many points did they take away from themselves??? Plus all the other fumbles and interceptions, they beat themselves!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Forgot to mention:

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

I feel sick for all the Viking fans. Being a
    Bronco fan, I can understand the pain.

Banned

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php...ead-is-rated-r

This was the funniest post I found on a Vikes message board. This poor soul better call the 24 hour suicide hot line.

I agree with you 100%.I think that play call has to go down as the biggest bonehead play in the history of football and might even rank up there with all of sports.When he dropped back to pass i said "what the "badword" are you doing grandpa"?You got to be kidding me with that play call.But i am sure all vikes and favre lovers will say "yeah but if he completed it".Still a bad play to do that,even if you make it.It would be great to find out that thier coach ordered a running play from the dennys menu he looks at during the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post

On that bad ankle, he would have been lucky to get back to the original line of scrimmage. There were Saints in the vicinity and they would have closed fast. What was equally as stupid was running the two runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd down, as if they were on the 10 yd line.

Even if they try a 50 yd field goal. I'd say it's a coin-toss with Longwell kicking.

As an aside, I'm a huge Ryan Longwell fan and has hoping he would be the hero today. I saw him kick/punt in college. I also have a game-used Ryan Longwell college jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by calgrad1999 View Post
    On that bad ankle, he would have been lucky to get back to the original line of scrimmage. There were Saints in the vicinity and they would have closed fast. What was equally as stupid was running the two runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd down, as if they were on the 10 yd line.

Even if they try a 50 yd field goal. I'd say it's a coin-toss with Longwell kicking.

As an aside, I'm a huge Ryan Longwell fan and has hoping he would be the hero today. I saw him kick/punt in college. I also have a game-used Ryan Longwell college jersey.

Agreed, there is no guarentee that if Farve takes off there he is going anywhere. Having Longwell attempt a 50 yarder is no sure bet but the bottom line is at least you have a shot at that field goal instead of throwing the pick.

I by no means think that anything was a guarenteed thing at that point but a least don't throw the ball away.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.