Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mets 99-01 ST Jerseys tagged?

Does anyone know if the Mets 1999-2000 Spring training majestic jerseys (light weight non-piping) carried the same tagging as regular season jerseys did. Or did they appear identical to store bought,with just a main label and one small size tag ? Was there anything that made them different from what was available to the public?

Re: Mets 99-01 ST Jerseys tagged?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Mets 1999-2000 Spring training majestic jerseys (light weight non-piping) carried the same tagging as regular season jerseys did. Or did they appear identical to store bought,with just a main label and one small size tag ? Was there anything that made them different from what was available to the public?
    Robert,

I believe that there are many differences between the Majestic retail BPs and team issued BPs.
    • The BPs had different sizes (numerical for the team, letter sizes like S/M/L for the retail public)
    • Different tagging (I believe a numerical size flag tag was on the team issued jerseys as well)
    • Different weight (micromesh for the team, mesh for the public... I don't believe micromesh was ever available for retail sale)
    • Different wash code used
    I am also not sure you can combine 99 with 2000 or 2001 (this would depend upon home or road BP). I believe the 95-99 were of the same style, whereas the 2000-2002 were a different style.

Send me photos of your BP and I can help further. I have examples of all of them.

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com