Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: HELP! Input on buying some game used bats.

BTW - also interested in the Chas Gehringer Bat... if you're not buying the lot that is...

- Chris

Thank you guys for all your input. The guy who owns this bats is not trying to pass all this bats as game used. He said some are and some are not. I was interested in some of the bats but really did not know too much about them. I got his info froma local add and contacted him. Ill see if I can get more clear pictures on some of the bats. Thanks again for all of yall's help!

Forgot one more thing. Educate me a little. How can I tell apart real game used bats from non used. I love collecting but could use some help on identifying whether bats are gamers or not. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Forgot one more thing. Educate me a little. How can I tell apart real game used bats from non used. I love collecting but could use some help on identifying whether bats are gamers or not. Thanks!
    You look for things like ball marks, leather transfers, rack marks, seam impressions, etc

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    BTW - also interested in the Chas Gehringer Bat... if you're not buying the lot that is...

- Chris
    Chris I see you with the Ryan Express and Rangers gear. Are you in the DFW area?

Stealth, visit websites like birdbats dot com, learn to differentiate between store model & professional model gamers. Click on "identifying gamers" This is a big first step. Labeling/knob stampings are basic indicators that will help you. Then you might get into hall of fame (ordering) Records of Players, things such as length & weight will be another concern. hofbats dot com may also have some info, Tim is great to deal with at hofbats.

Good luck, have fun with it. Make sure & "do your homework" before you lay out any Cash.

Feel free to email me anytime, I may be able to help. I have HOF Ordering records of quite a few Players.

Sean tempbreak@hotmail

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Stealth, visit websites like birdbats dot com, learn to differentiate between store model & professional model gamers. Click on "identifying gamers" This is a big first step. Labeling/knob stampings are basic indicators that will help you. Then you might get into hall of fame (ordering) Records of Players, things such as length & weight will be another concern. hofbats dot com may also have some info, Tim is great to deal with at hofbats.

Good luck, have fun with it. Make sure & "do your homework" before you lay out any Cash.

Feel free to email me anytime, I may be able to help. I have HOF Ordering records of quite a few Players.

Sean tempbreak@hotmail
    Thanks so much for the input Sean. This is exactly the type of help I was looking for. If I ever have any questions don't mind if I drop you an email.

Thanks!

Feel free to Email, there`s a ton to learn about Game used Bats. Surprisingly, when you get the "Basics" figured out, then you have to learn about the Players "Use Characteristics" Was/is he a Label up/down Hitter, how Pine Tar was applied, knob writing can be from several sources, players/equip. managers etc...

There are people (both men & women) on here that have a ton of knowledge about players & their Equip.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Feel free to Email, there`s a ton to learn about Game used Bats. Surprisingly, when you get the "Basics" figured out, then you have to learn about the Players "Use Characteristics" Was/is he a Label up/down Hitter, how Pine Tar was applied, knob writing can be from several sources, players/equip. managers etc...

There are people (both men & women) on here that have a ton of knowledge about players & their Equip.

Sean
    We all are still learning new things every day

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Chris I see you with the Ryan Express and Rangers gear. Are you in the DFW area?
    Stealth -

Not since '91! I was born in Waco, grew up in Garland - attended Texas Tech and UNT and moved to Colorado in '91 with the 1st wife and the USAF. Been here ever since.

I'm guessing you're there? I'll be at both Rockies and Rangers Spring Training in about a month...

- Chris