Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Baseball Players and their Game Used Items

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    I replied, "I'll make it even easier for you, Kirk. I'll swap you straight up for the batting practice jersey you're wearing-deal?". Gibson became so enraged that he bolted for me in the stands, and began to climb over the photography pit on the left side of the visiting dugout in order to come up into the stands.
    Howard, I have to admit, this was one of the funniest stories I have heard in a long time! Gibson sounds like such a jerk.

Tim

I realize this is not completely on topic, but I was watching one of the Yankeeography DVDs tonight and noticed the darndest thing. On the bonus features for Thuman Munson, they showed the last out of the 78 World Series at LA. Munson catches a popup to end the World Series and fans swarm the field even though it was in LA and New York won. The camera shows Yankees players running to the dugout and if you look closely, you see Munson running north, not to the dugout. He is chasing the fan that picked up his mask and he catches him too.
    This is in no way meant to condemn Munson (for one thing there should have been better crowd control) and I know a catcher's mask is more personal than say a bat but it does show how attached he was to his gear, that his teammates are celebrating a WS title and he is chasing a fan that has his mask. If you have Yankeeography volume 1, check it out.

PS, I know his name was 'Thurman', not Thuman. It was a typo. Can you edit your mssages on this forum? I don't see an edit icon anywhere.