Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Twins sign Thome

Solid bat off the bench. Something the Twins have been missing. Can spell Kubel at DH occasionally. Decent pickup.

Banned

Re: Twins sign Thome

Good deal, always been a Thome fan. Seems like an awesome guy and has always been a great player.

Thome should fit well on that team. Great bat off the bench

The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.
    He also should add a little versatility to the lineup, for the times when he gets a start at DH or maybe first base

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Well said. Nothing more than another Thome/LA deal here. This deal was great for Twins, but for Thome he won't see the time necesary to stay fresh and keep his numbers rolling. Not a good fit for him.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Thome will get plenty of at bats at DH probably fellas...Thome loves Chicago and if he was only going to get a few pinch hits off the bench he would have worked something out. Thome is looking to get a decent number of at bats and I am sure the twins will give him that if he shows to be productive. Not to many options for him so signing with the Twins was good for Jim and the twins got a class act who will be a fan favorite and is in the midst of putting up 'legit' numbers that are not seen to often especially not 'tainted' numbers. Overall great signing for both parties, hope he gets a shot at 600 somehow.

Any idea what year this could be from? Many of you have probably seen this same bat before, think another forum member previously owned it. Has tape on the handle although is done a bit different than he currently does. You see lots of photos of him using a two tone Rawlings in 95' but no Louisville Sluggers that I can find.
    Attached Images Attached Images