Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLB_Authentic
    • Oct 2009

Twins sign Thome

Solid bat off the bench. Something the Twins have been missing. Can spell Kubel at DH occasionally. Decent pickup.
  • favrenvikes09
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

Re: Twins sign Thome

Good deal, always been a Thome fan. Seems like an awesome guy and has always been a great player.

Comment

• Manram
      • Nov 2008

Thome should fit well on that team. Great bat off the bench

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
        • May 2009

The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
          • Oct 2009

Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
          The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Comment

• Manram
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
            Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.
            He also should add a little versatility to the lineup, for the times when he gets a start at DH or maybe first base

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
              • Oct 2009

Well he'll never play first base, and only start at DH once every couple weeks would be my guess.

Originally posted by Manram
              He also should add a little versatility to the lineup, for the times when he gets a start at DH or maybe first base

Comment

• harleighb
                • Jun 2007

No. The big question is whether he will be at Twinsfest this weekend!!!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

I wish the White Sox would've brought Thome back, but noooooo...Ozzie has fallen in love with the notion of a DH platoon that includes Mark Kotsay and Andruw Jones. Kenny Williams deferred to Ozzie on the decision about Thome, and Ozzie made one of his most idiotoc decisions ever. I am sorely disappointed.

Dave M.
                  Chicago area

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                    • May 2009

I liked Ozzie's decision and respected it because he said that Thome will not get anytime, and Ozzie felt he deserved more at-bats than what the Sox were going to offer. I do like Mark Kotsay and think he is very good baseball player, he just doesn't have the stats. He is a guy lots of teams would love to have for morale, versatility, and carries a decent bat. Should Kotsay be a DH with Jones? No, the Sox could do better, but I would not have brought back Thome. I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy, who you traded away last season, and then want him back.

Comment

• Tay1038
                      • Dec 2005

Too bad no more dome! Thome hit a homerun there its seemed like every game!
                      Email: Tay1038@aol.com
                      - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Comment

• thomecollector
                        • May 2006

Damn it. Now I gotta get a Twins jersey too !
                        Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                        thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• grenda12
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by thomecollector
                          Damn it. Now I gotta get a Twins jersey too !
                          and a bat ...

Comment

• skyking26
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                            Well said. Nothing more than another Thome/LA deal here. This deal was great for Twins, but for Thome he won't see the time necesary to stay fresh and keep his numbers rolling. Not a good fit for him.
                            ROBERT KOPPEL
                            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                              • Sep 2009

Thome will get plenty of at bats at DH probably fellas...Thome loves Chicago and if he was only going to get a few pinch hits off the bench he would have worked something out. Thome is looking to get a decent number of at bats and I am sure the twins will give him that if he shows to be productive. Not to many options for him so signing with the Twins was good for Jim and the twins got a class act who will be a fan favorite and is in the midst of putting up 'legit' numbers that are not seen to often especially not 'tainted' numbers. Overall great signing for both parties, hope he gets a shot at 600 somehow.

Comment

Working...