Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manram
    • Nov 2008

Re: Twins sign Thome

On mlb.com they said they believe he will get 200-250 at bats. Do you really think he will get that many?

Comment

• skyking26
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Manram
      On mlb.com they said they believe he will get 200-250 at bats. Do you really think he will get that many?
      No, not unless the use Kubel in OF, and I don't know how that will effect regular OF setup? As I said, even at 250 AB's, 600 is far off... Most HR hitters need 400-500 AB's to be effective, stay "in it." We don't know Thome's options as TB and Detroit were identified only as suitors.
      ROBERT KOPPEL
      Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
      and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Jim Thome - is an American professional baseball designated hitter for Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins. He bats left-handed and throws right-handed.
        Thome, a 19-year veteran, signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Twins on January 26, 2010. However, he can also earn up to $750,000 in incentives.[1]
        Jim Thome has worn uniform number 25 for most of his career. He briefly wore #6 in his first season with the Cleveland Indians and #42 to honor Jackie Robinson in 2007 with the Chicago White Sox. It is unknown what uniform number he will wear with the Twins because second baseman Alexi Casilla wears number 25.

Since he is going to be getting incentives I would think there going to be giving him some playing time. Probably to hit home runs and such.

Comment

• thomecollector
          • May 2006

Suave,
          Nice biography with the obvious info. I think Jim will wear #25, as Casea will be willing to give it up for a guy like Jim. Out of respect.

Bob,
          I think you should just go ahead and give up on Jim. That way you can sell the Thome's to me. You will then have plenty of funds for your Dunn,and Mauer quest....
          Roger Ward- Thomecollector
          thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• anatfan09
            • Apr 2009

Any idea what year this could be from? Many of you have probably seen this same bat before, think another forum member previously owned it. Has tape on the handle although is done a bit different than he currently does. You see lots of photos of him using a two tone Rawlings in 95' but no Louisville Sluggers that I can find.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jobathenut
              • Nov 2008

I just did not like thier manager comparing thome to babe ruth.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Thome is everything that is right about baseball and it is great to see him get a job for next year no matter how many at bats he gets and the Twins could not have found a better role model for their young players.

Comment

Working...