Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Twins sign Thome

Solid bat off the bench. Something the Twins have been missing. Can spell Kubel at DH occasionally. Decent pickup.

Banned

Re: Twins sign Thome

Good deal, always been a Thome fan. Seems like an awesome guy and has always been a great player.

Thome should fit well on that team. Great bat off the bench

The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Well, he signed as a pinch hitter of the bench. I bet he wont even get 100 at bats. But it will sure be nice in a tie game in the 9th to have him up rather than pop up punto.
    He also should add a little versatility to the lineup, for the times when he gets a start at DH or maybe first base

Well he'll never play first base, and only start at DH once every couple weeks would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    He also should add a little versatility to the lineup, for the times when he gets a start at DH or maybe first base

No. The big question is whether he will be at Twinsfest this weekend!!!

Banned

I wish the White Sox would've brought Thome back, but noooooo...Ozzie has fallen in love with the notion of a DH platoon that includes Mark Kotsay and Andruw Jones. Kenny Williams deferred to Ozzie on the decision about Thome, and Ozzie made one of his most idiotoc decisions ever. I am sorely disappointed.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I liked Ozzie's decision and respected it because he said that Thome will not get anytime, and Ozzie felt he deserved more at-bats than what the Sox were going to offer. I do like Mark Kotsay and think he is very good baseball player, he just doesn't have the stats. He is a guy lots of teams would love to have for morale, versatility, and carries a decent bat. Should Kotsay be a DH with Jones? No, the Sox could do better, but I would not have brought back Thome. I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy, who you traded away last season, and then want him back.