Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jerome Bettis Jersey in MEARS auction

Anyone have any comments or views on the 1996 Jerome Bettis Steelers jersey in the MEARS auction? Has anyone dealt with them in past?

I sent an email about the above jersey and a return email came promptly. Very good communication.

Re: Jerome Bettis Jersey in MEARS auction

I can't speak to the Bettis jersey itself, but I can tell you that I've won several items from their auctions and have never had a problem..They are probably the only outfit out there that will buy back an item if it's found to be bogus....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler4Life View Post
    Anyone have any comments or views on the 1996 Jerome Bettis Steelers jersey in the MEARS auction? Has anyone dealt with them in past?

I sent an email about the above jersey and a return email came promptly. Very good communication.
    You probably got good communication becasue you were a potential buyer. I used to be employed by MEARS, and still offer them certain services on an independent contractor basis. I have been waiting a month for a check for services rendered, and the main office has declined to return over a half-dozen calls and emails regarding the status of this. The only thing I learned regarding this was from a MEARS employee (Troy's apparently can't offer the courtesy of a call or email himself) telling me that deductions were being made from my payment for the cost of parcels I shipped on MEARS' account. All fine and dandy, but I'm supposed to believe that Troy is too swamped to take 2 minutes to call or email me this information? Especially when he spoke multiple times with a friend of mine a week ago about items in the auction.

That is the main reason I left MEARS as an employee...I got tired of the terrible communications that I was experiencing with the head honchos. I get the feeling that they're on top of things if you're helping them make money...but if you aren't (which I wasn't directly doing by procuring database images for them), you get put off to the side indefinitely.

Sorry to hijack this post, but I had to get this off my chest.

Dave Miedema
    Chicago area

They are a top notch business. I have dealt with them several times and have nothing negative to say about them.

Is there an auction right now? Or was this in a past auction?
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Neal- Mears auction ended Jan 28 I believe. Thanks for the replies concerning MEARS. I met with some staff briefly at the PCCE conference and they were very helpful but, never had any other experience with them.

Any comments on the Bettis Jersey?

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/L...25&category=14

I am no steelers expert when it comes to game used items but it looks good to me.And i think thats a good price for it especially being from his first season as a steeler.Would be interested to know how mnay jerseys he wore that season.As this could be his first jersey.Too bad they don't label like hockey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler4Life View Post
    Neal- Mears auction ended Jan 28 I believe. Thanks for the replies concerning MEARS. I met with some staff briefly at the PCCE conference and they were very helpful but, never had any other experience with them.

Any comments on the Bettis Jersey?

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/L...25&category=14

As a buyer, I've had nothing but good experiences with MEARS. I'd trust him as much as any evaluators.

Slightly OT, I can't believe how much better the Steelers uniforms look with the block numbers than the current italicized numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images