Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Opinions on getting a game used jersey signed

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_burner View Post
    So I'm going to a signing tomorrow and I have Nick Swisher's game used road jersey from Opening Day 2009. This was his first game as a Yankee and he got his first hit as a Yankee as well. Its a Steiner jersey and has a MLB hologram as well. I've matched the stain on the front to the telecast (with help from the forum- thanks).

So basically I'm looking for opinions on where to get the jersey signed and what if any inscription I should ask him to add. As of now, I'm leaning towards getting the front signed in Blue Sharpie and seeing if he would add "My First Hit as a New York Yankee". If anyone has any other interesting ideas or alternatives, fell free to post them. Jersey and match below.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Just curious. Was this jersey used for only one game because of the stain match. What was the date of the MLB hologram? Thanks. Great item as I mentioned before.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

It was used for the entire first road trip of the year so it encompassed his first game, hit, RBI, HR (first 4 HR actually) as a Yankee as well as his pitching appearance. I don't know what that stain is but its something that doesn't wash out apparently, and looking at it in person you can tell its not dirt or tobacco. I was able to see the match a few other times throughout the road trip on MLBTV. The collection date is from the homestand after the first road trip. It is noted as a game used jersey in the MLB lookup and the additional information line states "NY Yankees Road Jersey, Road Trip 4/6-4/15/2009, #33 Swisher

Very nice, I enjoyed Swishers interviews while he was in Chicago granted a south sider.