Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it possible to go from a 46 to a 50 in one year?

Aaron brooks wore a size 46 gold alternate jersey in 2002. and on ebay a guy says he has a brooks jersey from 2003 and its a size 50. does this make sense?

Banned

Re: Is it possible to go from a 46 to a 50 in one year?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremillion, j View Post
    Aaron brooks wore a size 46 gold alternate jersey in 2002. and on ebay a guy says he has a brooks jersey from 2003 and its a size 50. does this make sense?

Only if you've adopted the off-season work ethics of "John Kruk", or changed your dress-code taste to that of "Manny Ramirez".

Otherwise, it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Only if you've adopted the off-season work ethics of "John Kruk", or changed your dress-code taste to that of "Manny Ramirez".

Otherwise, it's highly unlikely.
    A guy could try out a bigger size for a while. Or the team could have changed uniform suppliers. There are many reasons for a size change that have nothing to do with the authenticity of a jersey.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

I've seen guys in baseball go up sizes in the same year so I dont think its out of the question. I know Prince Fielder went up at least two sizes in a year cause he wears more lose fitting jerseys now compared to his first callup and rookie year. Its not unheard of, he could have gone from wearing a jersey size 46 that was stretched tight over his pads like some linemen and skill players do, to a size 50 for a more lose and relaxed cut/feel for throwing and etc.

i bet i went from a 46 to a 50 my first year after college, been trying for 10 years to go backwards though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gremillion, j View Post
    Did Mr. Brooks start wearing a flack jacket underneath his jersey? Maybe a kidney guard or some other item (s) to protect the ribcage area of his body?

Just a thought,

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Did Mr. Brooks start wearing a flack jacket underneath his jersey? Maybe a kidney guard or some other item (s) to protect the ribcage area of his body?

Just a thought,
    he wore a rib cage protector thing..but im pretty sure he wore that in 2002 also

also..jo has a 2006 raiders jersey from his thats a 46

I also believe it is possible. I don't know forst hand but he could try a different size or maybe gain a little weight or muscle

After comparing pictures from 2002 and 2003, I'd say it's pretty unlikely. It would be possible for someone to go from a 46 to a 50, but then to go back to a 46 again later? Probably not. The gold jersey curently on ebay was auctioned off by the Saints back after the 2002 season. The JO Sports jersey came from the Raiders. We don't know where this jersey came from, but it's a size 50. Which one of these things is not like the other?