X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NYCrulesU
    Banned
    • Jul 2009

How do you display your jerseys?

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I thought it would be cool to see your jersey displays and you to have a chance to show them off.

Let's see your finished, in-house displays. MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL and anything else welcome!
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Re: How do you display your jerseys?

I have them folded in these cubbies, and my first ever game used jersey is framed permanently, the sad part is that the jersey costs not even half the frame does.

Comment

• CampWest
      • May 2008

sigpic
      Wes Campbell

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Wow you guys display your collections nice. I keep mine in plastic bags in a rubbermaid bin. It sounds crazy but I used to display my autographs on a shelf and within a couple of years many of them had picked up sunspots and or faded and I have kept my stuff out of all light ever since. I don't jerseys can fade or get spots but I am taking no chances! Campwest is that a George Brett gamer? That is an awesome item don't see many of those.

Comment

• Neal
          • Jan 2010

Nice displays!

I own one jersey and hat (both 2005 Pat Burrell) and they are on a mannequin torso - I picked that up for 25 bucks at a used furniture place of all things.
          looking for Phillies GU bats

Comment

• NYCrulesU
            Banned
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Neal
            Nice displays!

I own one jersey and hat (both 2005 Pat Burrell) and they are on a mannequin torso - I picked that up for 25 bucks at a used furniture place of all things.

Would love to see pics if you have any.

Comment

• CampWest
              • May 2008

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
              Campwest is that a George Brett gamer?
              Unfortunately, nope, just a replica.
              sigpic
              Wes Campbell

Comment

• xpress34
                • Sep 2008

In the basement - ONE window with NO direct sunlight and I have changed all of my display lights to LEDs - NO Ultra Violet Band to fade, spot, etc...

- Chris

Comment

• transam9572
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by xpress34
                  In the basement - ONE window with NO direct sunlight and I have changed all of my display lights to LEDs - NO Ultra Violet Band to fade, spot, etc...

- Chris
                  very cool

Comment

• xpress34
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by transam9572
                    very cool
                    THANKS!!!

The only GU jersey of those show is the Matt Holliday 2006 ASG BP jersey (Yellow) - THANKS AGAIN ANDREW!!!

The others are all authentics and such - I do have a few other Gamers - they are all on a hanging rack not shown in the picture under plastic bags... Helton, Larry Walker ('97 MVP season), and another Holliday (2000 ST - his 1st MLB ST and his 1st MLB issue jersey! #84!)

I'm always scouring CL (craigslist) for Mannequins and showcases... I now have three different Oakley cases for other items (only two shown) as well as an old Times counter top turning case and another eyeglass case and a couple of nice wood display cases:

- Chris

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

just curious. does it matter to you guys whether a jersey is folded on the bottom or not. I assume on the chris's jersey the Pujol jersey was folded to fit the mannequin. does it matter to you if the jersey need to be folded or touches the bottom of the frame or shadow box area?
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com
                      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• xpress34
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by joelsabi
                        just curious. does it matter to you guys whether a jersey is folded on the bottom or not. I assume on the chris's jersey the Pujol jersey was folded to fit the mannequin. does it matter to you if the jersey need to be folded or touches the bottom of the frame or shadow box area?

Joel -

I prefer it not to touch (like my Ryans, the Gonzo and the Holliday ASG) but the mannequins the Pujols and Holliday Black sleeveless were on won't fit with their stands (too tall), so I bought too more like the two the Ryans are on (since those pics were taken) and now Pujols and Holliday don't touch!!!

- Chris

Comment

• Paul_20
                          • Jan 2010

I have some space limitations, so I built a single locker to hold most of my game used stuff. I think it turned out ok. I got the idea from seeing some of the amazing collections of some of the regulars on this site. Sorry, this is the best photo I can find at the moment.

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by xpress34
                            Joel -

I prefer it not to touch (like my Ryans, the Gonzo and the Holliday ASG) but the mannequins the Pujols and Holliday Black sleeveless were on won't fit with their stands (too tall), so I bought too more like the two the Ryans are on (since those pics were taken) and now Pujols and Holliday don't touch!!!

- Chris
                            Hi Chris,

I like how the Ryan jersey is displayed. I thought about getting the tall mannequins with the long stands but have you tried to but an item in front of the jersey? was wondering if the base would get in the way of putting, for example, a batting helmet helmet in front of the jersey. i dont have as much space as you have so that shelf space needs to be used. Right now I am thinking of using a hangar to hold the jersey up so the shelf base can be used to display additional items.
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com
                            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2009

I'd love to see some NBA jerseys and how they are displayed.

Comment

Working...