X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisCavalier
    Paid Users
    • Jan 1970

Collector to Collector Classifieds

There appears to have been some issues on the Collector to Collector Classfieds regarding member postings. When we created this section we mentioned that we were doing it as a service to members and that it was intended to allow collectors to offer items and that we hoped members could use this privilege wisely without the need for moderating, etc. We also included a user agreement to make this clear to members.

It seems there have now been issues with postings in that area. Unfortunately, I will now need to ask that people please refrain from any comments about members who posted in that area and that anyone wishing to post there please read the user agreement that can be found here:

We will also be looking at a few things to help prevent any further similar issues from taking place and will touch base with members on this soon. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions
  • Jays1fan
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Collector to Collector Classifieds

Will there be Rules against people posting CRAP on other peoples threads?

Comment

• CampWest
      • May 2008

I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.
      sigpic
      Wes Campbell

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by CampWest
        I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.
        I concur. It is great of them to have the classifieds.

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
            Banned
            • Jul 2009

Free classifieds are great and appreciated by all. Everything runs smoothly provided no one member is permitted to abuse the freedoms provided.

A little common courtesy goes a long way.

Comment

• momen55
              • Aug 2006

and yes. thank you all for this for sale section in this forum. stuff like this is what causes privilages to get taken away. and if the ctcc get removed, i doubt they will be put back. so lets protect what we have and treat it nicely.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by momen55
                unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.
                I agree with this statement completely.

There are many reasons why some of the more informed members are no longer frequenting this site and/or posting here. This is one of them.

I have been watching from a distance and have my own opinions about the matter (which I will refrain from getting into out of my respect for Chris' wishes on this thread). It certainly did not have to come down to this.
                Looking for ...
                Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Chris:

I was about to contact you regarding this...I'm glad you've intervened. It was getting so Scott's postings were drawing my attention not because of what he posted or his frequency of posting, but to see when the next war of words would develop..kinda like staring at an auto accident.

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.
                  Thanks, Chris, for making policies more clear.

Dave M.
                  Chicago area

Comment

• dcgreg25
                    • Jan 2008

Chris, thanks for stepping in on this. I appreciate the classifieds and am happy to offer any insight or assistance you may need.

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TNTtoys
                      I agree with this statement completely.

There are many reasons why some of the more informed members are no longer frequenting this site and/or posting here. This is one of them.
                      i have to agree on this. the amount of bickering among adults on this site is unbelievable and unnecessary.
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com
                      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• transam9572
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Jays1fan
                        I agree with this. Seems like a few get to run lose , cause trouble and start fights. Yet the people in charge do nothing to them.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jays1fan
                          I wouldn't complain if I were you. Not sure how you're even still here after telling me to go F myself several times.

Comment

• transam9572
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by NYCrulesU
                            I wouldn't complain if I were you. Not sure how you're even still here after telling me to go F myself several times.

Pardon ? Dont know what you are talking about. But I can see by your post that you must be 1 of the people he was talking about.
                            Do you always accuse people without knowing ? Wow.

Comment

• transam9572
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                              Chris:

I was about to contact you regarding this...I'm glad you've intervened. It was getting so Scott's postings were drawing my attention not because of what he posted or his frequency of posting, but to see when the next war of words would develop..kinda like staring at an auto accident.

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.
                              Thanks, Chris, for making policies more clear.

Dave M.
                              Chicago area
                              Is Scott ( The guy you are referring to ) also Jays1fan ?
                              I just noticed Jays1fan is Banned.
                              I know I am new here and all , but if he didnt break any rules , why the ban? I just got attacked from some guy who doesnt even know me.
                              I hate to see whats next.

Comment

Working...