Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned

Re: Collector to Collector Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Bottom line is.......

This wouldnt be in issue if people wouldnt have posted comments on his for sale thread.

As far as multiple identities....no idea and I dont care. But I do know that a lot of you egged Scott on by posting comments in one of his classified ads.

I couldve cared less if he bumped his thread every week. The man is trying to get some extra cash, it happens. If you want your item at the top, bump it up.

Its not like Im seeing Rose or Mantle bats for sale anyways. We are talking about $10-$60 items. Let it all go and move on.

This is a pretty good reason why I dont post on here anymore, but again, I thought I would give my 2 cents on the matter....

While I appreciate your opinion (there's my PC'ness for the day) you are absolutely incorrect. This would not have been an issue had Scott/Jays1fan used a little common courtesy in bumping his many, many posts in which he relisted the same items over and over. Also, had he kept his listings to 'game used' items and not five and dime earings and necklaces we would not be here either.

I myself am a low end collector. I collect on a very meager budget. I would never begrudge anyone for collecting inexpensive items. This was never really an issue of dollar amount. But Scott cleary circumvented the rules any which way he could. Had he used a little self control he wouldn't have become such a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Chris:

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.
    Thanks, Chris, for making policies more clear.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Chris ,
    This is what I was referring to. Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Bottom line is.......

This wouldnt be in issue if people wouldnt have posted comments on his for sale thread.

As far as multiple identities....no idea and I dont care. But I do know that a lot of you egged Scott on by posting comments in one of his classified ads.

I couldve cared less if he bumped his thread every week. The man is trying to get some extra cash, it happens. If you want your item at the top, bump it up.

Its not like Im seeing Rose or Mantle bats for sale anyways. We are talking about $10-$60 items. Let it all go and move on.

This is a pretty good reason why I dont post on here anymore, but again, I thought I would give my 2 cents on the matter....

AGREE 100 % ON ALL 5 POINTS

THAT IS WHY I ALSO STAY AWAY FROM POSTING . IRONIC HOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH CHRIS' POST AND USE THIS BOARD THE MOST ARE THE SAME ONES WHO BREAK THE RULES . WHEN IT GETS SHUT DOWN THEY WILL ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME