Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Collector to Collector Classifieds

There appears to have been some issues on the Collector to Collector Classfieds regarding member postings. When we created this section we mentioned that we were doing it as a service to members and that it was intended to allow collectors to offer items and that we hoped members could use this privilege wisely without the need for moderating, etc. We also included a user agreement to make this clear to members.

It seems there have now been issues with postings in that area. Unfortunately, I will now need to ask that people please refrain from any comments about members who posted in that area and that anyone wishing to post there please read the user agreement that can be found here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=18001

We will also be looking at a few things to help prevent any further similar issues from taking place and will touch base with members on this soon. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Re: Collector to Collector Classifieds

Will there be Rules against people posting CRAP on other peoples threads?

I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.
    I concur. It is great of them to have the classifieds.

unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.

Banned

Free classifieds are great and appreciated by all. Everything runs smoothly provided no one member is permitted to abuse the freedoms provided.

A little common courtesy goes a long way.

and yes. thank you all for this for sale section in this forum. stuff like this is what causes privilages to get taken away. and if the ctcc get removed, i doubt they will be put back. so lets protect what we have and treat it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.
    I agree with this statement completely.

There are many reasons why some of the more informed members are no longer frequenting this site and/or posting here. This is one of them.

I have been watching from a distance and have my own opinions about the matter (which I will refrain from getting into out of my respect for Chris' wishes on this thread). It certainly did not have to come down to this.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Chris:

I was about to contact you regarding this...I'm glad you've intervened. It was getting so Scott's postings were drawing my attention not because of what he posted or his frequency of posting, but to see when the next war of words would develop..kinda like staring at an auto accident.

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.
    Thanks, Chris, for making policies more clear.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Chris, thanks for stepping in on this. I appreciate the classifieds and am happy to offer any insight or assistance you may need.