Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Check out this Bench "Gamer" Wow..just wow

This Johnny Bench bat is not a store model bat based on the bat’s weight (32.5), the length (34 ½), and the deep well pronounced factory branding, opposed to the foil stamped store model bats. The model number cannot be found in his bat factory records at this time. This can be attributed to either factory error in the bat factory records or manufacturing defect of the bat during production.
    Um, that is foil branding, burn branding doesn't pull out of the impressions like that bat.

The only error we made is not marking all of our SOUVIE bats so you could always tell they were souveis and some asshat doesn't try to pass it off as a gamer such as this one.

BTW, if he wishes to correct the description one more time I would say it's a S216 or a B278.
    Brian Hillerich

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    The Pujols isn't real.

Capital-Sports and bigtruck260,

Of course I know it isn't real, and yes, I was kidding. That is the reason I asked if the FBI was on them yet!? That is one of the most pathetic Pujols forgeries I have seen.

If we contact Ebay with the info that we know, will they pull the item? It's an obvious mis-representation and a complete fake of what it's claiming to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    If we contact Ebay with the info that we know, will they pull the item? It's an obvious mis-representation and a complete fake of what it's claiming to be.
    They (eBay) will pull the item if you provide them concrete proof (records, pictures, or something that proves the bat to be different than described beyond a reasonable doubt). They will not pull it based on opinion or hearsay.

Just received this hot off the press from the seller. You'll love this.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Dear jbsportstuff,[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']

My highly reputable and reliable sources tell me you are attempting to contact ebay with the intentions of taking down the bat. First, I will tell you that you are in way over your head with this. My Professional reputation is seriously impeccable, highly decorated, and extremely credible. Second, you must provide solid evidence, especially if this auction gets taken down based on opinions and assumptions by you (who is not a qualified expert), I assure you this will lead to legal matters and I will take this case to court, not only against ebay, also you seperately. I will also assure you that not only will I provide the evidence to the validity of this bat, I will then provide the evidence to slander, malicious gossip, defamation of character, calumniation and harassment on your part. Third, I have commited no crime, nor have I committed any illegal action by listing this bat. I and TSA have provided a 30 day money back guarantee to protect any buyer of which will be honored. I have solid hard evidence of the validity of this bat of which I will provide only to a court of law and/or the buyer upon request (I will not get entangled in the gossip you have initiated). Fourth, but not least, I have rights as well as you, and if you confidently wish to violate those rights, provided you have the evidence, then by all means do proceed. I will assure you, if and when this legal battle begins, I will not stop and show mercy , I will prove my case beyond all reasonable doubts and I will be, in addition to all relief deemed appropriate by the court, will also be compensated for all attorneys fees and any other costs of litigation. This is not a game and I hope you are fully prepared, and for the record I do hope this all gets get brought public and the "so called" experts get involved. This is why I have not entertained your foolish gossips, nothing solid will ever come from it. It will serve no purpose to debate foolishly with gossipers, that is not my battlefield. [/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']- nycsportsstore4u[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Wow...just amazing...totally clueless.[/FONT]

Expert?

Brian Hillerich of the Hillerich (and Bradsby) pedigree called this seller an (and I quote) 'asshat' - how much more proof does one need that he is a complete fraud? Why is it that these sellers are willing to threaten and go all legal when someone calls them out on something that is completely wrong. How professional is a company that puts out a COA or LOA for the bat of a popular HOF player - and it has numerous (according to the seller) mistakes and typos.

sshhhea. That'll hold up in court.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whoever "authenticated" this bat is an idiot. He says the bat is from 1976-1979 but talks about rack marks from Crosley Field. Crosley Field was torn down in 1972.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Expert?

Brian Hillerich of the Hillerich (and Bradsby) pedigree called this seller an (and I quote) 'asshat' - how much more proof does one need that he is a complete fraud? Why is it that these sellers are willing to threaten and go all legal when someone calls them out on something that is completely wrong. How professional is a company that puts out a COA or LOA for the bat of a popular HOF player - and it has numerous (according to the seller) mistakes and typos.

sshhhea. That'll hold up in court.
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said that

It irked me he blames the inaccuracies of the bat on our manufacturing. We make mistakes and I'll own up to them but not this one.
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said that
    You're right Brian, you shouldn't have said that. With the new MODS coming in, you're going to be on thin ice.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brian -

I was teasing you. Your'e really an assett (as opposed to asshat ) to the forum. having you speak to the visuals this dude is providing is what I truly live for in this forum.

At the beginning of the thread, I was under-educated, and after seeing and 'listening' to all of this stuff, I have a great respect for what you and some of the other guys bring here.

I collect bats, and this is a good reference thread.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]