Man i remember waiting outside the old Kingdome. Back in the 90's it was alot easier to obtain auto's for free of your favorite player.

2 quick stories:

I waited for Mo Vaughn for about 2.5 hours at the Kingdome. I hung out got a few red sox but had my baseball all ready for big Mo. Finally he makes his grant departure and my parents, brothers and sister and maybe 3 other people where waiting. What a thrill, he stopped shook my hand signed my baseball and we talked for about 5 mins. I cannot remember anything. I still have the ball to this day.

One of my worst experiences was with Tim Wakefield. at the Kingdome he came walking out in the open about 40 mins after the game. There was about 20 to 25 people all pushing and shoving. He got upset real quick and said " if anyone gets sharpie on my shirt i am swinging" I don't blame the guy but threataning violence that's pretty messed up.

I would prefer to get them at the ballpark for free, especially if iam keeping them for my collection and not worried about re-sale.

I have paid for a handful of autographs from players like Guy Lafleur, the late Maurice Rocket Richard, Martin Brodeur, Hank Aaron and Ted Williams.