Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE - Please Read!

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I'm all for making a separate folder for OT threads.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    I agree. The Mods can then take what they consider any OT to move from the Game Used Discussion category to an OT section.

That should really clean up the Forum and get the Birthday, RIPs, traded players, favorite teams, etc. into their own category.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I agree. The Mods can then take what they consider any OT to move from the Game Used Discussion category to an OT section.

That should really clean up the Forum and get the Birthday, RIPs, traded players, favorite teams, etc. into their own category.

There have been numerous posts about separating the forum by category. They have all had good, positive responses from the members but NOT ONE received any responses from the MODS. That is either a polite way of saying NO, or just a lack of interest in our opinions.

I could agree more about dividing the forum to 'clean up', but unfortunately it is ultimately the Mods decision and thus far has been ignored.

AND, by the way....

Chris, what ever happened to the handful of Mods/Admin you had previously?

Why are you the only one left?

I thinks its various frustrations,

1) the tendency of many people to post thread that is not the best match for the game used discussion folder when alternate folders are there just because there is more visibilty in the game used discussion folder. For example, Topic: I need you opionion on Davey Lopes jersey and when you click into the post it's showing a ebay link.
    2) the frustation with OT posts that has no best match folder and so people post on the game used discussioon folder. ie. happy birthday, contact me by email, missing people reports, etc.
    3) the tendency of people whose first post(s) are negative and serve no purpose other than to break up a thread.
    4) The inability of members to use the GUU search engine to find the answer to their simple question.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    AND, by the way....

Chris, what ever happened to the handful of Mods/Admin you had previously?

Why are you the only one left?
    I will answer this question and then, unfortunately, I will be locking this thread as it appears there are some who seem to resist trying to turn something positive into a negative. Specifically, there were a few posts that were removed from this thread which attempted to do just that.

The previous moderators have helped to assist the forum and have volunteered a lot of their time to help build something for collectors. They do not have the time to volunteer as they have previously. That is why we are asking if others are interested. Personally, I want to thank those who have helped since their efforts have helped create a great resource for collectors to use. While there will be some that will try to turn this into a negative, it is simply not the case. At this point, we will continue trying to allow the forum to be free for people to use and that is why we are currently seeking new energy to help assist in making that happen.

I hope that answers the question. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions