Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: If you catch a significant HR or even a ground-rule double, would you...

Quote Originally Posted by Genke View Post
    Please excuse me if I am interpreting your story incorrectly, but your butchered english makes it very difficult to understand.

Are you saying that you have caught 15-20 home run balls over the years, and they were ALL visitor-hit home runs?

That's some kind of unlucky-lucky ball hawking there, guy?

Dude.. there is a BUT.. in my sentence no?

The only time security comes down - that is when I get the visitors' HR ball.

They would not think that I am that dumb to toss back Yankees' HR balls so no warning is necessary.

As for the Sheff's HRs.... I will try to find them in the boxes ... got them in cubes along with the tickets... so I should be good with the dates and so forth. I tagged all the HR balls with the tickets - on some of them, I have DVD of the games, while others it's all hearsay unless you where there, and some I have security supervisor contacts - just in case I am looking to sell them.

I dont sell my stuff ... if anything ... I trade and that's it!

I buy = I collect then I might sell
    I caught = I keep and I might trade later (no sell)

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawknet View Post
    so did you just go along with Bill when he said he received the his first hit ball?

Actually Dave M . saw him first , I dont know what exactly was said between them , but Dave M. came outside and told me Bill had the ball allready . lol. When I did see Hall yes I told him that I had the ball
    and someone lied to him . I guess I could have just given it to him
    then but I thought heck , if he doesnt believe me ( which I really
    dont think he does ) whats point in giving it to him . Ive seen him 5-6
    times since then in other parks and he rarely says anything when I
    say hello other than " Did you bring my ball ? " .So maybe he does
    believe me maybe he doesnt. He's got my number ....lol .
    ballhawk, I think keeps on giving you that question because he knows its his baseball and is wondering if all the other cherished baseballs retrieved by the traveling secretary are a sham too. give him the ball so he knows he has at least one real milestone item in his collection.

thanks on the followup. appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Are you saying that you have caught 15-20 home run balls over the years, and they were ALL visitor-hit home runs?

That's some kind of unlucky-lucky ball hawking there, guy?
    Actually, my Wrigley Field home runs (6 total) fall a similar category. The first (Andre Dawson #396) is the only Cubs homer. The other five were all from the "bad guys" (Biggio, Bret Boone, Charles Johnson, Derek Bell, Bichette). I threw NOTHING back...not even a dummy ball. After the Bichette, though, one of the other guys on Waveland Ave. (I can't recall who) got nervous about being whaled on by bleacher drunks, so a dummy ball was thrown back on my behalf).

Dave M.
    Chicgo area[/quote]

Is that your Andre Dawson on ebay right now?

Banned

Got a couple emails from my friends with Phillies and Mariners season tickets - they have a program for Fan-caught HR ball and it's FREE of charge.

You can pick up the ball after it being authenticated or they can send it to you at your address.

Damn it, why cant the yankees do this? I am willing to pay (up $50 max).

Banned

Is that your Andre Dawson on ebay right now?[/quote]

No, one is a home run a Cincinnati dealer acquired from the Reds 580 Gift Shop. The other is a signed BP Andre Dawson home run from Ballhawk.net.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

<DIV id=article_body sizset="110" sizcache="141">
    Kind of cool story about a first career HR ball naking its way back to the player.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...ews_kc&c_id=kc

KANSAS CITY -- Twins center fielder Denard Span doesn't know Kansas City's rookie center fielder Jarrod Dyson. But the ties that bind all players within the Major League Baseball fraternity run deep and that's why Span took it on himself to help Dyson get the baseball back after Dyson launched his first career Major League homer on Monday night.
    In the second inning, Dyson drove a 3-1 pitch from Kevin Slowey over the wall in right-center. A fan wound up with the ball and Span implored the fan to send the ball back. With some nearby Royals bullpen members also urging the fan to take a return-to-sender approach, Dyson indeed wound up with his milestone baseball. "I never met Dyson, but I looked up at the numbers and saw that he didn't have a homer," Span said. "I assumed it was his first. I signaled to the fan to give me the ball back and explained to the fan what the significance was. The fan didn't object. Once I got the ball, I threw it into the [Royals'] bullpen."
    var mediaCount, mediaContentId, mediaTopicId, mediaMeta; mediaCount = 2; mediaContentId = '12510163'; mediaTopicId = ''; mediaMeta = bam.media.getMetaData(mediaContentId); mediaMeta.headline = 'Dyson&#039;s first career homer'; mediaImage = '' || mediaMeta.imagesByType['13']; $(function(){ bam.loadSync("/shared/scripts/bam/bam.social.js"); new bam.social.Lib({ title : mediaMeta.headline, url : "http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=kc&content_id="+mediaContentId }).twitter("#article_media .twitter a", { via: 'royals', related: "mlb", tracking: {tcid: "tw_video_" + mediaContentId} }).facebook("#article_media .facebook a", { tracking: {tcid: "fb_video_" + mediaContentId} }).email("#article_media .share a", { type: "media", params: { content_id: mediaContentId } }) }) function loadKeywords(mediaMeta){ var display = ""; var value = ""; var param = ""; var keywordsHtml = ""; var searchParams = ""; var wsGameToTopicMap = { // map of game_pk to topic_id for World Series 09 game topics "263181":"7224330", "263182":"7223768", "263183":"7224332", "263184":"7223232", "263185":"7224002", "263186":"7224214", "263187":"7223770" }; $("#article_media_keywords").empty(); $.each(mediaMeta.keywords, function(i, keyword){ switch (keyword.getAttribute("type")){ case "mlbtax" : param = "mlbtax_key"; value = keyword.getAttribute("value"); display = keyword.getAttribute("displayName").replace(/\"/g,""); /* " */ break; case "team_id" : param = "team_id"; value = keyword.getAttribute("value"); display = keyword.getAttribute("displayName"); break; case "player_id" : param = "player_id"; value = keyword.getAttribute("value"); display = keyword.getAttribute("displayName"); break; case "game_pk" : param = "game_pk"; value = keyword.getAttribute("value"); display = "More From This Game"; break; } if (param!="") { if (param==="game_pk" && wsGameToTopicMap[value]){ // point to WS2009 games to topic pages keywordsHtml += ""+ display +", "; } else { keywordsHtml += ""+ display +", "; } if (param!="text") { searchParams += encodeURI("&"+param+"="+value); } } param = ""; }); if (keywordsHtml.length > 0){ $("#article_media_keywords").html('Tags: '+keywordsHtml.substring(0, keywordsHtml.length-2)); } if (mediaCount > 1) { loadSearchResults(); } else if (searchParams.length > 0) { loadSearchResults(searchParams,mediaContentId); } else { loadRelatedMedia('kc',3); } } function loadSearchResults() { $('Related Video

').appendTo('#article_media_related'); var relatedMediaItems = [ {} ,{ content_id : '12510163', topic_id : '', content_title : 'Dyson&#039;s first career homer', content_thumb : 'http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2010/09/27/images/mlbf_12510163_th_7.jpg' } ,{ content_id : '12508675', topic_id : '', content_title : 'Dyson&#039;s running catch', content_thumb : 'http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2010/09/27/images/mlbf_12508675_th_7.jpg' } ]; var relatedMediaItem, relatedMediaItemTopic; for(var r=2;r
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Kind of cool story about a first career HR ball naking its way back to the player.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...ews_kc&c_id=kc

KANSAS CITY -- Twins center fielder Denard Span doesn't know Kansas City's rookie center fielder Jarrod Dyson. But the ties that bind all players within the Major League Baseball fraternity run deep and that's why Span took it on himself to help Dyson get the baseball back after Dyson launched his first career Major League homer on Monday night.
    In the second inning, Dyson drove a 3-1 pitch from Kevin Slowey over the wall in right-center. A fan wound up with the ball and Span implored the fan to send the ball back. With some nearby Royals bullpen members also urging the fan to take a return-to-sender approach, Dyson indeed wound up with his milestone baseball. "I never met Dyson, but I looked up at the numbers and saw that he didn't have a homer," Span said. "I assumed it was his first. I signaled to the fan to give me the ball back and explained to the fan what the significance was. The fan didn't object. Once I got the ball, I threw it into the [Royals'] bullpen."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell