Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

MLB Authenticate Game Used ALL-STAR ball .... using during a regular game in the season..

Why would they do such thing?

Isnt all-star ball suppose to be used during all-star game only?

Was it just dumb or was it accidental?

Just like saying, MLB authenticated WS Game used ball that was used during the month of September.

Doesnt make any sense.

Your take on this subject please!

Re: MLB Authenticate Game Used ALL-STAR ball .... using during a regular game in the season..

Some teams use all-star or other commemorative baseballs during batting practice; I've heard from some people who got balls during BP with such stampings. I also heard that they are cheaper to buy in bulk from Rawlings (the reason for using them in the first place), although I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Banned

Re: MLB Authenticate Game Used ALL-STAR ball .... using during a regular game in the season..

I have a World Series baseball used in batting practice for the Mets, its stamed and says Practice.

An example of one of those practice balls, although a generic ROMLB:

There are also some practice balls with green stampings instead of blue, which can sometimes help determine whether a bat was only used in BP.

Banned

Batting practice ball is NOT what it said on the data base.... it is authenticated as GAME USED BALL...

An All Star ball been authenticated as GAME USED for a game during the season!

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    Batting practice ball is NOT what it said on the data base.... it is authenticated as GAME USED BALL...

An All Star ball been authenticated as GAME USED for a game during the season!
    i remember sarah palin catching a Paul Konerko game HR ball that was an AL Budig ball in April 2000. so what can i say. some teams are frugal.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i remember sarah palin catching a Paul Konerko game HR ball that was an AL Budig ball in April 2000. so what can i say. some teams are frugal.
    Joel -

That's actually not that unusual for 2000 as the 'unified ball' (OMLB) made it's debut in 2000, so with Konerko in the AL, they may have had some game balls left over from the 1999 season that they wanted to use up... especially in April

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Joel -

That's actually not that unusual for 2000 as the 'unified ball' (OMLB) made it's debut in 2000, so with Konerko in the AL, they may have had some game balls left over from the 1999 season that they wanted to use up... especially in April

- Chris
    yes so sarah palin was expecting a selig baseball just as yankees.stub expected a regular season baseball.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

The Mets will use any ball they can find for BP. They use Yankee Stadium balls, ASG balls, whatever they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The Mets will use any ball they can find for BP. They use Yankee Stadium balls, ASG balls, whatever they can find.

Very true.

Ramon Castro threw me a 2005 All Star Game baseball he was warming up with a couple years ago.