Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

How do you determine SWEET-SPOT Worthy?....or even baseball worthy?...

(by baseball-worthy, I mean is Joba worthy to sign a baseball or should his autograph just be on photo or ticket item. And as for sweet-spot on the baseball, should he be the center of the attention or ?....)

This question came up when I was at the Steiner show last weekend.

I was waiting to get JOBA CHAMBERLAIN to sign his 1st Game ticket along with a baseball.

A conversation came up with the people on line while we wait for Joba, is he sweet-spot worthy? or better yet, is he even baseball worthy?

My personal takes on the up & coming player who has NOT establish himself yet - IS NOT BASEBALL WORTHY. A decent photo or ticket from the game is more appropriate.

As for sweetspot, I like most if not all my baseball to be signed by the sweet-spot since it will be one signature on it and that is it. But sometime with commemorative ball, it is nicer to have the signature underneath the logo.

Your take on this subject please...

Banned

Re: How do you determine SWEET-SPOT Worthy?....or even baseball worthy?...

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    (by baseball-worthy, I mean is Joba worthy to sign a baseball or should his autograph just be on photo or ticket item. And as for sweet-spot on the baseball, should he be the center of the attention or ?....)

This question came up when I was at the Steiner show last weekend.

I was waiting to get JOBA CHAMBERLAIN to sign his 1st Game ticket along with a baseball.

A conversation came up with the people on line while we wait for Joba, is he sweet-spot worthy? or better yet, is he even baseball worthy?

My personal takes on the up & coming player who has NOT establish himself yet - IS NOT BASEBALL WORTHY. A decent photo or ticket from the game is more appropriate.

As for sweetspot, I like most if not all my baseball to be signed by the sweet-spot since it will be one signature on it and that is it. But sometime with commemorative ball, it is nicer to have the signature underneath the logo.

Your take on this subject please...
    Yankee.stub I'm not trying to be mean here and I hope you dont get offended but I dont understand why you have to start a new thread all the time. You already have 9 threads already and most of them have nothing to do with game used items. If you want to talk about autographs go the the Autograph forum.
    Alot of good info gets pushed down and many of us come here to learn about the hobby.
    Thanks

In my opinion every ball signed should be signed on the sweet spot unless you are attempting to get a team ball signed. If I know of a player who will not sign on th esweet spot, I will not even ask for his autograph (Nomar comes to mind)

As for who is ball worthy, well they are all major league players, more than I can say for myself, so in my eyes if you want their autograph and have a ball, get it signed. I mean I can speak for myself here, I have balls signed by players like Wrick Wrona, Scott Servias, Juan Cruz, Sergio Mitre etc. Did they become superstars, no but at one point I wanted there autograph, so I obtained it. Now other players I just dont care enough to get there autograph, doesnt matter if it is on a ball, photo, bat, or index card. Yes I know OMLB Rawlings balls are 8-14 depending on how many you buy, but you can always get little league balls if you want to go the cheaper route, just know that in 5 years your going to have a blob of blue ink on a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Yankee.stub I'm not trying to be mean here and I hope you dont get offended but I dont understand why you have to start a new thread all the time. You already have 9 threads already and most of them have nothing to do with game used items. If you want to talk about autographs go the the Autograph forum.
    Alot of good info gets pushed down and many of us come here to learn about the hobby.
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gucollector View Post
    Thank you!

Hmmm, getting autograph on a game used items - like Jerseys or baseballs, is NOT educate topic?

Banned

[quote=yankees.stub;185704]Hmmm, getting autograph on a game used items - like Jerseys or baseballs, is NOT educate topic?

You started this thread asking if Joba is worthy of a sweet spot autograph.
    What does that have to do with game used items?

Yankees.stub -

I do not believe Platinum or GUcollector are trying to be rude, they are just letting you know that some of the posts, such as CC Sabathia signing in NY, the Evan Longoria signing and this post would be better served in the autograph forum. I know you are new to the thread and if you have any GU related topics we are alll here willing to give our 2 cents, heck some guys/gals will give 3 and 4 cents. If you are not aware of the autograph forum, it is at the top of the screen under forums, there is Game used or autographs.

Nick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Yankees.stub -

I do not believe Platinum or GUcollector are trying to be rude, they are just letting you know that some of the posts, such as CC Sabathia signing in NY, the Evan Longoria signing and this post would be better served in the autograph forum. I know you are new to the thread and if you have any GU related topics we are alll here willing to give our 2 cents, heck some guys/gals will give 3 and 4 cents. If you are not aware of the autograph forum, it is at the top of the screen under forums, there is Game used or autographs.

Nick

Points will taken...

On a side note...welcome to the board!!!

[;