Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: OT: I hung out with 4 MLB players last night

Cool story. Does anyone else have any cool stories? I don't have a personal one but my uncle golfed with Jack Nicklaus about 15 years ago. Jack and my uncle's company at the time did some business together and I guess some of it got done over golf.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Jack and my uncle's company at the time did some business together and I guess some of it got done over golf.
    Best way to do business
    Always buying David Justice items

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Oh so you grew up in mainland Japan. I'm on the tiny island Okinawa. Kadena Air base. The teams are down here now for training. They'll fly back up after this month.
    that is a great story, congrats on meet them..and nice to see another AF member on here thats in Japan, im currently stationed up in Misawa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    that is a great story, congrats on meet them..and nice to see another AF member on here thats in Japan, im currently stationed up in Misawa.
    Thats awesome. Gotta represent the good ol' PACAF

Murfsteve

If you are lokking for some Murton stuff on the cheap side, ferg0027 has a pair of cleats and a bat on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Chicago-Cub...item19b8f90638

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Chicago-Cub...item1c0ed906df

BIGSTIG

Hi all, I've been in this forum for about 3 years. This story brings me to my good friend that plays in Japan also. His name is Brian Sikorski. He is from Roseville, Michigan and I have been catching him during the off-season for the past 12 years. He played in the Majors with Texas, Houston, San Diego and Cleveland. He has played for the Yakult Swallows, Yomory Giants, Chibbe Lotte and is currently with the Siebu Lions. He brought me over to Japan 2 years ago and I spent time with Julio Zuletta and THE Bobby Valentine, his manager, while in the dugout during batting practice. He has given me many of his game used jerseys from all his teams, including a TBTC Chibba whole uniform, hat, jersey, pants, patten leather bright red belt, stirrups and under sanitaries. Also, and this is the biggie, he gave me one of his Yomory Giants jerseys. On a whim, I brought it over, just in case. Well, for one series, he was playing Yomory, whose manager was SADAHARA OH. I asked Brian if he could get that jersey signed by Sadahara. He stated "You know who he is, right?" I said "yes, it would be cool to have his autograph". He said "That's like asking Babe Ruth for his name, I can't do that". I said "give it a whirl, he can only say NO". Well, he went over and asked, bowed curteously, and Sadahara said "Ah, Sikorskisan, very good pitching last night and I'll be glad to sign it for you". Brian said he was shaking like a leaf he was so nervous, but Sadahara signed 3 balls and signed on the the front of Brian's jersey. I have it and told Brian he gave it to me 3 years ago and he can't have it back. He laughed and realizes he made a mistake parting with it, but, he knows it means more to me than him, but, he's still kicking himself. I'm going back sometime this year and who knows what's next. I also threw batting practice for 8 years in the Majors with Toronto and Detroit from 1984-1991 and have many big league stories that are good read from Randy Johnson, Kirk Gibson, Lance Parrish, Alan Trammell, Ernie Whitt, Sparky Anderson, Jack Morris. I'm also inline to return to that job this season. I'm waiting for the ok from Jim Leyland thru Jeff Jones. I'll post later of some Nick Swisher tales as I worked with him while I coached in Parkersburgh, West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by jtnatalierica View Post
    Hi all, I've been in this forum for about 3 years. This story brings me to my good friend that plays in Japan also. His name is Brian Sikorski. He is from Roseville, Michigan and I have been catching him during the off-season for the past 12 years. He played in the Majors with Texas, Houston, San Diego and Cleveland. He has played for the Yakult Swallows, Yomory Giants, Chibbe Lotte and is currently with the Siebu Lions. He brought me over to Japan 2 years ago and I spent time with Julio Zuletta and THE Bobby Valentine, his manager, while in the dugout during batting practice. He has given me many of his game used jerseys from all his teams, including a TBTC Chibba whole uniform, hat, jersey, pants, patten leather bright red belt, stirrups and under sanitaries. Also, and this is the biggie, he gave me one of his Yomory Giants jerseys. On a whim, I brought it over, just in case. Well, for one series, he was playing Yomory, whose manager was SADAHARA OH. I asked Brian if he could get that jersey signed by Sadahara. He stated "You know who he is, right?" I said "yes, it would be cool to have his autograph". He said "That's like asking Babe Ruth for his name, I can't do that". I said "give it a whirl, he can only say NO". Well, he went over and asked, bowed curteously, and Sadahara said "Ah, Sikorskisan, very good pitching last night and I'll be glad to sign it for you". Brian said he was shaking like a leaf he was so nervous, but Sadahara signed 3 balls and signed on the the front of Brian's jersey. I have it and told Brian he gave it to me 3 years ago and he can't have it back. He laughed and realizes he made a mistake parting with it, but, he knows it means more to me than him, but, he's still kicking himself. I'm going back sometime this year and who knows what's next. I also threw batting practice for 8 years in the Majors with Toronto and Detroit from 1984-1991 and have many big league stories that are good read from Randy Johnson, Kirk Gibson, Lance Parrish, Alan Trammell, Ernie Whitt, Sparky Anderson, Jack Morris. I'm also inline to return to that job this season. I'm waiting for the ok from Jim Leyland thru Jeff Jones. I'll post later of some Nick Swisher tales as I worked with him while I coached in Parkersburgh, West Virginia.
    Very interesting story. I love hearing about things like this. Thanks for sharing! Post more if you'd like.

all great stories.......
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Went to the Hanshin Tigers vs. Hamfighters game today. The players were expecting us so when we showed up, someone from the team came and got my son and I and took us to the credintials office to get us a few passes. We were able to get special access to places normal fans wernt allowed to go. Before the game my son and I went to the practice field inside a neighboring dome. We were able to watch them warm up and when they finished, the players came over to say hello. It was so cool because as we were standing there, the media was ALL AROUND US taking so many photos. I kinda felt like i was a somebody lol. Then my son and I went to the field and grabbed a seat behind centerfield (where Murton was playing). After he left the game in the 6th, we walked over to the practice dome where i met up with him. We talked more about normal stuff like video games. He signed 2 balls for my son. 1 was a practice ball and the other was a game ball. It was a very cool experience and was neat to experience the special treatment. The players are wanting to come back to the base on Monday so i will most likely be with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

So the players wanted to come back on base today and go to the BX and eat at Chilis. Just the players and interpreters came today, no PR people, so i brought along my wife. She was pretty excited to come. Normal stuff at the BX, just shopped. Then we went over to Chilis and had some dinner. They were lovin some American food. Was very cool sittin in there with them and having normal conversations. I would explain things about the military and they would explain things about baseball. They had plenty of questions for my wife because 2 of theirs wives will be giving birth in Japan. I printed out the group photo that i posted on here before into a 8X10 and had them all sign it. They were happy to do it and loved the pic. They paid for my mine and my wifes meals, which was very nice of them. Afterwards Craig Brazell was telling me that he was having one of his jerseys shipped here from the stadium in Osaka so he could give me. He said it should be here tomorrow. I was very pumped up about that. I couldnt believe he was offering me one, and i didnt even have to ask.