Game Used vs Game Ready ... what is MLB Authenticator thinking when they comes up with this tittle?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ballhawknet
    • Nov 2007

Re: Game Used vs Game Ready ... what is MLB Authenticator thinking when they comes up with this tittle?

Since you didnt responed ( yet ) to the other thread regarding the all star game ready ball I will put in my 2 cents here ;

I see nothing wrong with a game ready ball being sold as it is , rubbed
    with mud and no signs of use whatsoever . Makes sense that x amount of balls are prepared and they dont all get used . Cant sell them as new , cant sell them as used...thus game ready.

However , like the 2009 World Series ball which shows dirt (ebay) , and the 2006 all star ball (ebay) being sold as game ready BUT being listed as a ball from the Pirates/Nats game on the 14th .......makes one wonder.

Mistakes are gong to be made , I think all you can do is email the person
    in charge of the authentication process and give them a chance to correct it.

On the game ready all star ball on ebay ...here is what I gathered.
    The # for this ball is BB 046120 . There are 60 of these !! all on the 14th . (all star game was on the 11th ) What makes it very interesting is that the item before the first one is the Pirates lineup card for the 7/14 .....then u have 60 all star game ready balls.....then after that the next item is the Nationals line up card form the 14th . So these game ready balls just sat around for 3 days , then after they authenticated the lineup card for the 14th THEN they decide to do the balls ? Or did someone say , Hey we have alot of all star balls leftover how bout we rub them up and tag them as game ready . This MIGHT have been the day "game ready" was born

Of course there could be a very good reason why it was done this way ,
    who knows ?

Comment

• allstarsplus
      • Nov 2005

Re: Game Used vs Game Ready ... what is MLB Authenticator thinking when they comes up with this tittle?

Originally posted by ballhawknet
      Cant sell them as new , cant sell them as used...thus game ready.
      I totally agree. For a regular game, they don't need extra balls.

For significant games, demand is generally exceeding the supply so here are balls that didn't make it into the game but were legit rubbed up balls.
      Regards,
      Andrew Lang
      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
      202-716-8500

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
        • May 2009

Sometimes there are issues with the team and that changes what the authenticator titles the piece in the database. For example, I bought Bobby Parnell's TBTC uniform that he wore for his first ML win as a starter. The jersey is described as used and the pants were described as issued. After seeing a few dirt stains on the pants, I asked on this forum if anyone would know about it. Turns out, there was an issue with the pants from the first set, so they marked all the pants as issued instead of used, when in fact they were used.

Comment

• yankees.stub
          Banned
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by allstarsplus
          I totally agree. For a regular game, they don't need extra balls.

For significant games, demand is generally exceeding the supply so here are balls that didn't make it into the game but were legit rubbed up balls.

Are you sure we are not hanging out at the same poker game?... That was the same explanation I got from my buddy.

It's economic --- supply and demand ... and if they dont have enough supplies for the demand - give them something closed to it and hopefully they will be happy!

Feel like 2nd-class citizen if I happened to own one of these GAME-READY ball...

Comment

• emann
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by yankees.stub
            I wonder if they are going to have the same category for bat .... oh what we have here is GAME-READY bat, it has all the spike marks and pine tar but there is NO BALL MARKS what so ever... so we will categorized it as GAME-READY!
            Actually, I have a few game-ready bats and I think they're great. The term for me applies to the bat having the number on the knob, shows rack marks, some handling, sometimes, tape or tar, etc. It is a cheaper alternative to game-used in some cases and players do keep a number of bats on the rack each game, it makes logical sense some would never get used. I've seen a fair amount of legit bats that were obviously prepped by the players and just never made it into the game.

MLB also already authenticates bats as game-issued (those pink mother's day bats come to mind, you always see unused extras floating around).

Comment

Working...