Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Used vs Game Ready ... what is MLB Authenticator thinking when they comes up with this tittle?

Name:  331040531_o.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  53.8 KB

That looks like game use on the ball. Could it be that the authenticator didn't have any history on the ball so they put it in a "Game Ready" database?

Also, I noticed the auction has "Best Offer". Again, not for me, but my guess is these will all sell at prices over $1,000.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: Game Used vs Game Ready ... what is MLB Authenticator thinking when they comes up with this tittle?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    These authenticated as GAME-READY.

Alex signed these as GAME USED and the item currently being advertised as so.

I ask the seller about the authenticity of the item - there is no doubt that it is Alex's signature, but Game Used? Really?

Who's at fault for creating this ambiguous.... and very misleading item...
    I do not find the term "Game Ready" to be at all ambiguous nor misleading. In fact I think its descriptive, precise, and informative. Which means it is clearly - partially Alex Rodriguez's fault for signing "game used" on a ball that was not game used and even moreso the fault of the person who requested Alex sign a false statement on those balls. Anybody can sign anything on a ball, that does not make it a true statement.

MLB did the right thing by creating a separate category and NOT calling them game used. Obviously with a World Series logo, the balls cannot be saved and used at a later date.

Would you prefer MLB destroy them rather than allow fans a chance to have a fun and unique item in their collection? Would you rather they call it game used when it never made it onto the field of play?

Your numerous threads and repetitive posts seem to have a common theme of second-guessing and attacking MLB and the MLB authenticators, continually questioning their integrity, honesty and intelligence. Why are you so hostile towards the MLB and MLB Authentication?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Attachment 34741

That looks like game use on the ball. Could it be that the authenticator didn't have any history on the ball so they put it in a "Game Ready" database?

Also, I noticed the auction has "Best Offer". Again, not for me, but my guess is these will all sell at prices over $1,000.

You hit the nail on the head there!

It looks like game used with the grass stain and dirt - @ first reaction. But those can be created!

Since MLB Authenticated Program is so STRICT, I dont think the AUTHENTICATOR is that naive.... not noticing the dirt and grass stain on the ball ... even if he/she is one-eye-cyclops-with-stigmatism, those things can be felt by touch.

What make this item desirable to me - since it looks like game used and Alex signed it as game used, BUT MLB database says otherwise... then it is otherwise to me (I am one of those guine pigs who trust MLB authentication process faithfully but damn it, sometime you just want to scream out....expletive and all.... what the hell!)

Banned

Your numerous threads and repetitive posts seem to have a common theme of second-guessing and attacking MLB and the MLB authenticators, continually questioning their integrity, honesty and intelligence. Why are you so hostile towards the MLB and MLB Authentication?[/quote]

(for your infos - my poker buddy work with MLB authentication office ... and I picked his brain every friday night poker and why some of the stuff being put on the database)

as for being hostile toward MLB authentication - there is no such thing. 95% of my game used items have MLB holograms on them. The 5% are the exception to the rules - this means it should have better notation in the description. The best answer I got from my friend - it's the authenticator's lousy work that cause the misleading stuff.

Every game used collector on here treating MLB Authentication as a BIBBLE, therefore there should be NO loophole or room for misleading information. As an owner of these items, it is my choice to share my takes on these items to other who cares and for those who doesnt - more power to you!

So again, I gave my paycheck to MLB Authentication weekly so therefore I demand nothing but the best - no lousy and misleading stuff. It is what it is... not it is what it could be!

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I do not find the term "Game Ready" to be at all ambiguous nor misleading. In fact I think its descriptive, precise, and informative. Which means it is clearly - partially Alex Rodriguez's fault for signing "game used" on a ball that was not game used and even moreso the fault of the person who requested Alex sign a false statement on those balls. Anybody can sign anything on a ball, that does not make it a true statement.

MLB did the right thing by creating a separate category and NOT calling them game used. Obviously with a World Series logo, the balls cannot be saved and used at a later date.

Would you prefer MLB destroy them rather than allow fans a chance to have a fun and unique item in their collection? Would you rather they call it game used when it never made it onto the field of play?

Your numerous threads and repetitive posts seem to have a common theme of second-guessing and attacking MLB and the MLB authenticators, continually questioning their integrity, honesty and intelligence. Why are you so hostile towards the MLB and MLB Authentication?
    CW - Check out the photo I just posted up. It looks like use on the ball. MLB has also called Game Issued as Game Used in the past.

Alex also signs BP bats as game used and possibly again is signing what he is told but again it looks game used.

Also, the seller may not have seen that it was in a "Game Ready" category on the database.

Let's face it, most sellers and buyers don't do the amount of homework as members on here do.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Since you didnt responed ( yet ) to the other thread regarding the all star game ready ball I will put in my 2 cents here ;

I see nothing wrong with a game ready ball being sold as it is , rubbed
    with mud and no signs of use whatsoever . Makes sense that x amount of balls are prepared and they dont all get used . Cant sell them as new , cant sell them as used...thus game ready.

However , like the 2009 World Series ball which shows dirt (ebay) , and the 2006 all star ball (ebay) being sold as game ready BUT being listed as a ball from the Pirates/Nats game on the 14th .......makes one wonder.

Mistakes are gong to be made , I think all you can do is email the person
    in charge of the authentication process and give them a chance to correct it.

On the game ready all star ball on ebay ...here is what I gathered.
    The # for this ball is BB 046120 . There are 60 of these !! all on the 14th . (all star game was on the 11th ) What makes it very interesting is that the item before the first one is the Pirates lineup card for the 7/14 .....then u have 60 all star game ready balls.....then after that the next item is the Nationals line up card form the 14th . So these game ready balls just sat around for 3 days , then after they authenticated the lineup card for the 14th THEN they decide to do the balls ? Or did someone say , Hey we have alot of all star balls leftover how bout we rub them up and tag them as game ready . This MIGHT have been the day "game ready" was born

Of course there could be a very good reason why it was done this way ,
    who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawknet View Post
    Cant sell them as new , cant sell them as used...thus game ready.
    I totally agree. For a regular game, they don't need extra balls.

For significant games, demand is generally exceeding the supply so here are balls that didn't make it into the game but were legit rubbed up balls.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Sometimes there are issues with the team and that changes what the authenticator titles the piece in the database. For example, I bought Bobby Parnell's TBTC uniform that he wore for his first ML win as a starter. The jersey is described as used and the pants were described as issued. After seeing a few dirt stains on the pants, I asked on this forum if anyone would know about it. Turns out, there was an issue with the pants from the first set, so they marked all the pants as issued instead of used, when in fact they were used.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I totally agree. For a regular game, they don't need extra balls.

For significant games, demand is generally exceeding the supply so here are balls that didn't make it into the game but were legit rubbed up balls.

Are you sure we are not hanging out at the same poker game?... That was the same explanation I got from my buddy.

It's economic --- supply and demand ... and if they dont have enough supplies for the demand - give them something closed to it and hopefully they will be happy!

Feel like 2nd-class citizen if I happened to own one of these GAME-READY ball...

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    I wonder if they are going to have the same category for bat .... oh what we have here is GAME-READY bat, it has all the spike marks and pine tar but there is NO BALL MARKS what so ever... so we will categorized it as GAME-READY!
    Actually, I have a few game-ready bats and I think they're great. The term for me applies to the bat having the number on the knob, shows rack marks, some handling, sometimes, tape or tar, etc. It is a cheaper alternative to game-used in some cases and players do keep a number of bats on the rack each game, it makes logical sense some would never get used. I've seen a fair amount of legit bats that were obviously prepped by the players and just never made it into the game.

MLB also already authenticates bats as game-issued (those pink mother's day bats come to mind, you always see unused extras floating around).