Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Check out this Bench "Gamer" Wow..just wow

Am I the only one who grabs a beer and settles into these freakshow threads? More entertaining than Netflix

Now that I've seen his auctions, I am now questioning the authenticity of my son's Spiderman cards...

Haha I lost it when I read this :

I showed this bat around to everybody when I first got it, and when I say everybody, I mean everybody.

They all said the same thing, to get rid of it, that its nothing more than an average old store model bat.

I almost threw it out with the trash one day and so when I’m getting ready to put the garbage out that day,

my TV was on loud enough for me to hear it and till this day I don’t know what was on, but I heard it say “STOP GEHRIG”.

This got my attention, so I did the only thing I knew left to do, I took this bat to “the authenticator” meaning the one and only true authenticator,

which by the way he hates being called an expert. He calls himself a student of life and says he is a good teacher

because he remains a good student and that the moment one stops being a good student he then becomes a bad teacher.

He said, "This bat was used by both Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees".

Now that sounds nut’s right, that’s what I thought when he said that.

I never heard of 2 known pro players using the same bat and why would they.

So naturally I’m curious and I said prove it, because I did not believe him, but he took no offense

and showed me a photo of Wally Pipp in 1923 using this “exact identical bat” while with the Yankees.

I'm convulsing after reading his explanation of the names on the bat : The authenticator said, "The barrel has someone else’s name stamped on it in block letters “FOHLER”

and its clear this was done in the 1930s or there after based on the size and shape of the letters".

He also showed me this bat is sidewritten "4-8-1925 PAUL SUERH" an unknown player.

So I said “Then this bat went through 2 more hands besides Pipp and Gehrig”, this is what I thought.

But the authenticator said “No, that’s not what happened here, it appears in this case that on

4-8-1925 Lou Gehrig mailed this bat to Hillerich&Bradsby Louisville Slugger

for duplication with an extra-large out of the ordinary mail in paper label and used an assumed name like "PAUL SUERH" to do so.

He did this to avoid detection from other teams including the press being that by

1925 he was by now officially playing full time with the New York Yankees becoming their new secret weapon".