Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMH
    • Jul 2007

Re: Check out this Bench "Gamer" Wow..just wow

Wow...I need to be fired. Not only did I not research the whole "Registered Trademark" on his name but I failed to honestly look at the bat. That isn't a R43. The R43 does not flare into the knob. The R43 has a standard knob and taper. That one is more like the original C271.
    Brian Hillerich

Comment

• Genke
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by allstarsplus
      It gets worse, they authenticate autographs too!

[ATTACH]34798[/ATTACH]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Si...item3ca9eea127

Well, at least that Albert Pujols is real....

I wonder if the FBI is on the case yet?

Comment

• jppopma
        • Mar 2006

What I can't get over is the numbers listed on the LOA's....TSA25,000 range!!!!

I must have been away way too long if a new authenticator came out and has already laid out 25,000 LOA's. Maybe I just underestimate the volume that an authenticator does.

Quantity or quality, right? Who can't help but being convinced by an authenticator that has already given a million opinions? (even if they have a 5-10% rate of being right).

Goes to show the trust people will put into a piece of paper and shiny sticker (is it even custom Andrew? Looks better than other "famous" authenticator's stickers)

Comment

• Capital-Sports
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Genke

The Pujols isn't real.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
            • Oct 2005

Why hasn't anyone commented on the 1950's Babe Ruth game used Adirondack bat on their website?

Ken
            earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• bigtruck260
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Genke

I hope you are kidding....
              Dave
              Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
              River City Redbird Authentics
              http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• xpress34
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                Why hasn't anyone commented on the 1950's Babe Ruth game used Adirondack bat on their website?

Ken
                earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
                Ken -

I checked it out - and the Gehrig. I found the configuration of the two Adirondack's interesting. Instead of being oriented with the Barrel to the Right, they are oriented with the Barrel to the left.

I also liked the Cobb which has obviously been corked at some point in time.

- Chris

Comment

• momen55
                  • Aug 2006

this is what the seller emailed me;

Dear momen55,

Thank you, I understand. I took down the auction, NOT EBAY! I take responsibilty for my actions. There is nothing to fear, I am not a criminal, (not saying you are calling one), I am saying it. Trust has to be earned.

There was typos on the COA and everything is being corrected and resolved. This was partly more my fault, it was a rush job, I pushed the authenticator to slide it in his already extremely busy schedule. He is working on a couple hundred very old vintage bats this week alone, mostly of which I own, thus why he rushed the Bench for me.

I apologize and I would appreciate if everyone would stop with all the crazy allegations and assumptions regarding TSA and especially myself. I am NOT TSA. I am not, nor is TSA, committing fraudelent crimes. I take life very serious and I am one of the good guys.

I am a professional and the work I do has absolutely nothing to do with the sports industry. I collect and do this as a hobby with my kids.

I know TSA thru sports shows here in NY and right now I giving them a chance. I have serious reasons why I do not use the other authenticators.

I am watching over them closely and I assure you and everyone, I will not allow TSA or anyone for that matter to cuase harm to people.

Thank you for all your help and I wish you and your family all the best.
                  eller emailed me;

Comment

• jbsportstuff
                    • Mar 2009

Wow Momem - That made me want to get out a tissue......LOL

The good guys? We needs guys like this to stop selling fake stuff.

I can think of several things that TSA stands for and none of them have to do with sports.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
                      • Nov 2005

The crappy Bench bat is back on ebay.

Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
                      ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• BMH
                        • Jul 2007

This Johnny Bench bat is not a store model bat based on the bat’s weight (32.5), the length (34 ½), and the deep well pronounced factory branding, opposed to the foil stamped store model bats. The model number cannot be found in his bat factory records at this time. This can be attributed to either factory error in the bat factory records or manufacturing defect of the bat during production.
                        Um, that is foil branding, burn branding doesn't pull out of the impressions like that bat.

The only error we made is not marking all of our SOUVIE bats so you could always tell they were souveis and some asshat doesn't try to pass it off as a gamer such as this one.

BTW, if he wishes to correct the description one more time I would say it's a S216 or a B278.
                        Brian Hillerich

Comment

• Genke
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Capital-Sports
                          The Pujols isn't real.

Capital-Sports and bigtruck260,

Of course I know it isn't real, and yes, I was kidding. That is the reason I asked if the FBI was on them yet!? That is one of the most pathetic Pujols forgeries I have seen.

Comment

• jbsportstuff
                            • Mar 2009

If we contact Ebay with the info that we know, will they pull the item? It's an obvious mis-representation and a complete fake of what it's claiming to be.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jbsportstuff
                              If we contact Ebay with the info that we know, will they pull the item? It's an obvious mis-representation and a complete fake of what it's claiming to be.
                              They (eBay) will pull the item if you provide them concrete proof (records, pictures, or something that proves the bat to be different than described beyond a reasonable doubt). They will not pull it based on opinion or hearsay.

Comment

• jbsportstuff
                                • Mar 2009

Just received this hot off the press from the seller. You'll love this.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Dear jbsportstuff,[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']

My highly reputable and reliable sources tell me you are attempting to contact ebay with the intentions of taking down the bat. First, I will tell you that you are in way over your head with this. My Professional reputation is seriously impeccable, highly decorated, and extremely credible. Second, you must provide solid evidence, especially if this auction gets taken down based on opinions and assumptions by you (who is not a qualified expert), I assure you this will lead to legal matters and I will take this case to court, not only against ebay, also you seperately. I will also assure you that not only will I provide the evidence to the validity of this bat, I will then provide the evidence to slander, malicious gossip, defamation of character, calumniation and harassment on your part. Third, I have commited no crime, nor have I committed any illegal action by listing this bat. I and TSA have provided a 30 day money back guarantee to protect any buyer of which will be honored. I have solid hard evidence of the validity of this bat of which I will provide only to a court of law and/or the buyer upon request (I will not get entangled in the gossip you have initiated). Fourth, but not least, I have rights as well as you, and if you confidently wish to violate those rights, provided you have the evidence, then by all means do proceed. I will assure you, if and when this legal battle begins, I will not stop and show mercy , I will prove my case beyond all reasonable doubts and I will be, in addition to all relief deemed appropriate by the court, will also be compensated for all attorneys fees and any other costs of litigation. This is not a game and I hope you are fully prepared, and for the record I do hope this all gets get brought public and the "so called" experts get involved. This is why I have not entertained your foolish gossips, nothing solid will ever come from it. It will serve no purpose to debate foolishly with gossipers, that is not my battlefield. [/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']- nycsportsstore4u[/FONT]
                                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
                                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
                                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Wow...just amazing...totally clueless.[/FONT]

Comment

Working...