Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Getting Tape And Glue Off Jersey...???

Quote Originally Posted by BO34 View Post
    Sure will post some pics once I get jersey off of frame and into a clear jersey display...came from a white sox front office guy with a letter from the team...

Thanks guy for all the help now to tackle the jersey!
    By any chance is it a Bo Jackson jersey?

HEY PEOPLE, wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions...after carefully trying ice then alcohol then goof off I can tell you goof off did work..I tried it on some tape inside the jersey, but then my wife suggested a lint brush the kind with a sticky surface..that worked GREAT!

Was able to get all the tape off without washing jersey!

Now I am attempting to purchase a mannequin to proudly display the jersey, matching pants batting gloves and game used bat....

This should be the easy part......thanks again and I might add this board is great in helping out all us Game Used collectors with issues like the one I had!

Quote Originally Posted by BO34 View Post
    HEY PEOPLE, wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions...after carefully trying ice then alcohol then goof off I can tell you goof off did work..I tried it on some tape inside the jersey, but then my wife suggested a lint brush the kind with a sticky surface..that worked GREAT!

Was able to get all the tape off without washing jersey!

Now I am attempting to purchase a mannequin to proudly display the jersey, matching pants batting gloves and game used bat....

This should be the easy part......thanks again and I might add this board is great in helping out all us Game Used collectors with issues like the one I had!
    Glad it all worked out, my man. Now - where are those pics you promised?

If you put goof off on it, I'd think you really should wash the jersey, that stuff is pretty intense, I use it at work to take label residue off of display racks/beams at it often takes some of the paint off too!!.....I'd be worried that the areas that have the goof off on it will dis-color over time, or may even affect the polyester, if it came in a metal can rather than plastic, I'd be especially worried

No problem I was going to post the pics after get the mannequin, but give me till this weekend to send some shots...its a BO JACKSON 93 BLACK WHITE SOX jersey with team letter...