O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchased...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees.stub
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchased...

.... still have Marino, Montana jersey from a while back .. in the original box

.... Got a Kobe jersey from '06 .... still in box

.... A Lebron from '08 ....

and couple game used balls from All star game HR derby ...

Thought they were IT when it comes to authenticity of game used items!

• murfsteve25
    • Oct 2008

Re: O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchase

Originally posted by yankees.stub

Whoa... all these are GAME USED??? You should post pics if you can. Would love to see these, especially the Lebron.
    Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• David
      • Sep 2024

Re: O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchase

All three were under contract with UDA, which is a good sign.

But UD being just convicted of counterfeiting another company's trading cards isn't.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

I was not aware UDA sold all this game used stuff, how did you find out about what they had? All I have seen are Tiger Woods gu products on the website and in the secondary market all I have seen are Garnett gamers from there.

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
          I was not aware UDA sold all this game used stuff, how did you find out about what they had? All I have seen are Tiger Woods gu products on the website and in the secondary market all I have seen are Garnett gamers from there.
          Yes, UDA had a decent inventory of game used items of their exclusive athletes however most of them were used for getting cut up for the game used cards.

Our company is a UDA authorized retailer so we have purchased Tiger Woods shirts, caps, and shoes and lucky enough to get a Michael Jordan Wizards jersey and LeBron shoes. They are tough to get and very expensive.

Whoa... all these are GAME USED??? You should post pics if you can. Would love to see these, especially the Lebron.
          Make me +1. I hope Yankees.Stub will also post up some photos of these items.
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• Dave4Reds
            • May 2009

David - did I miss something. All the articles I've read just said that Upper Deck continued to sell baseball cards "featuring professional baseball players even though the company is no longer licensed to show MLB trademarks." That's a far cry from counterfeiting another company's trading cards. If that's the case, then I don't see why any of this would adversely affect game used stuff that they previously sold.

Comment

• cigarman44
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dave4Reds
              David - did I miss something. All the articles I've read just said that Upper Deck continued to sell baseball cards "featuring professional baseball players even though the company is no longer licensed to show MLB trademarks." That's a far cry from counterfeiting another company's trading cards. If that's the case, then I don't see why any of this would adversely affect game used stuff that they previously sold.

Comment

• Dave4Reds
                • May 2009

Ok... I just saw the article accusing UD of counterfeiting Yu Gi Oh cards. I still don't think that this will impact previously purchased game used stuff.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

Vic - Load up some photos for us!
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                    Yes, UDA had a decent inventory of game used items of their exclusive athletes however most of them were used for getting cut up for the game used cards.

Our company is a UDA authorized retailer so we have purchased Tiger Woods shirts, caps, and shoes and lucky enough to get a Michael Jordan Wizards jersey and LeBron shoes. They are tough to get and very expensive.

Make me +1. I hope Yankees.Stub will also post up some photos of these items.
                    Wow. Do you have anything for now for sale or can you get it? Not Woods though, I am not a big golf fan. But I would defintely want a Pujols bat or jersey.

Comment

• yankees.stub
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Will have to go through the boxes in the basement.

I am one of those - I dont display my stuff.

If you can see how I bundle my bats in the corner of a room, this entire forum will goes nuts!

(Used to display stuff, until the dust get in the way and I have to clean them and so forth. Dont have time for that! Too busy looking for new stuff)

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                        Wow. Do you have anything for now for sale or can you get it? Not Woods though, I am not a big golf fan. But I would defintely want a Pujols bat or jersey.
                        I was told that they were not getting any Pujols game used except for what they buy from 3rd parties for their cards. I think the UDA deal with Pujols is only autographs.

They will get more LeBron items this season and the prices are super expensive for the game used. What is nice is the unused LeBron items that are his game models that he autographs.
                        Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Will have to go through the boxes in the basement.

I am one of those - I dont display my stuff.

If you can see how I bundle my bats in the corner of a room, this entire forum will goes nuts!

(Used to display stuff, until the dust get in the way and I have to clean them and so forth. Dont have time for that! Too busy looking for new stuff)

OK, post up! We are snowed in here in Washington DC and need to look at your collection!
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

Vic Fanatic - It has been several hours, and I am starting to wonder what is up with you.

Come on post up your UDA game used Marino, Montana, and Kobe jersey from '06 and of course the LeBron from '08 and your game used balls from All star game HR Derby.
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                              Vic Fanatic - It has been several hours, and I am starting to wonder what is up with you.

Come on post up your UDA game used Marino, Montana, and Kobe jersey from '06 and of course the LeBron from '08 and your game used balls from All star game HR Derby.
                              "Vic Fanatic" is actually your name? Wow, what a fun name for a sports fan! I'd love to see your LeBron and Kobe, as well.
                              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...