With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees.stub
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

My first choice would be a game used World Series jersey - either CC or Matsui.

Second choice and if the price is right of course - Mariano game used bat from the WS '09 (Cody Ransom bat).

Dont have a third choice ... but I can used it for a decent poker game.
  • CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

I'm not getting a refund...
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• yankees.stub
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by CampWest
      I'm not getting a refund...

Are you sure you were not the one who won the 500th HR ball from Arod?

Only logical explanation!

Comment

• murfsteve25
        • Oct 2008

Already got my tax return money. So far I've bought a 1995 David Justice world series jersey and one of his first baseman gloves from his early Braves days. The rest of the money is going in the bank!
        Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• BIGSTIG
          • Apr 2008

Bill Buckner Cubs Jersey Preferably Home 77-80

Or

Moises Alou Fielders Glove

Comment

• bigtruck260
            • Sep 2007

I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...
            Dave
            Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
            River City Redbird Authentics
            http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• legaleagle92481
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

I am not getting a tax refund because I have to pay taxes on my capital gains. However, if I were getting extra money from someplace the first thing I would do is buy an NFL Game used jersey as for certain players that I would want I don't have a specfic list I just see what is available online and buy what strikes my fancy at the time. Unlike autographs other than the stuff Jo sells (and at times they sell out of players also even) you cannot predicate what will be on the market at a given time so you just have to roll with the punches. Last week I saw a Brees with JO COA on Ebay for a good price so I bought it but I would not hold up my buying in the hope that a Brees would hit the market if it was not available I would have just bought something else.

Comment

• HENMICK44
                • Mar 2008

A Paul Oneill home white Reds jersey,or a Joe Torre home white LA Dodgers jersey!

Comment

• skyking26
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigtruck260
                  I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...
                  I bought my 2000 Mac, hammered, signed, uncracked for $1800 last fall. Came down the pipeline: Medina to Brett to me. Tuff to find. Email for pics.
                  ROBERT KOPPEL
                  Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                  and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• momen55
                    • Aug 2006

nothing. i am paying my debts! although, i did buy a laptop which i needed.

Comment

• BULBUS
                      • Nov 2005

I'm using mine to pay the mortgage while my wife is on maternity leave this summer. Another boy
                      Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                      sigpic
                      donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• harpt
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by BULBUS
                        I'm using mine to pay the mortgage while my wife is on maternity leave this summer. Another boy
                        Awesome man...congratultions!!
                        Scott Harpt
                        scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                        Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• yankees.stub
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BULBUS

Make sure you put both boys name on the will --- for your GU stuff, before the wife goes nut and get rid of them.

Congrats btw!

Comment

• jv225
                            • Jan 2009

What's this refund you speak of
                            I haven't seen one of those in awhile.
                            Always looking for anything Cowboys Game Used

Comment

• yankees.stub
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by jv225
                              What's this refund you speak of
                              I haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Then you must be one of those making more than the rest of us... I dont feel sorry for you!

Have a bud!

Comment

Working...