Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

My first choice would be a game used World Series jersey - either CC or Matsui.

Second choice and if the price is right of course - Mariano game used bat from the WS '09 (Cody Ransom bat).

Dont have a third choice ... but I can used it for a decent poker game.

Re: With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

I'm not getting a refund...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I'm not getting a refund...

Are you sure you were not the one who won the 500th HR ball from Arod?

Only logical explanation!

Already got my tax return money. So far I've bought a 1995 David Justice world series jersey and one of his first baseman gloves from his early Braves days. The rest of the money is going in the bank!
    Always buying David Justice items

Bill Buckner Cubs Jersey Preferably Home 77-80

Or

Moises Alou Fielders Glove

I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

I am not getting a tax refund because I have to pay taxes on my capital gains. However, if I were getting extra money from someplace the first thing I would do is buy an NFL Game used jersey as for certain players that I would want I don't have a specfic list I just see what is available online and buy what strikes my fancy at the time. Unlike autographs other than the stuff Jo sells (and at times they sell out of players also even) you cannot predicate what will be on the market at a given time so you just have to roll with the punches. Last week I saw a Brees with JO COA on Ebay for a good price so I bought it but I would not hold up my buying in the hope that a Brees would hit the market if it was not available I would have just bought something else.

A Paul Oneill home white Reds jersey,or a Joe Torre home white LA Dodgers jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...
    I bought my 2000 Mac, hammered, signed, uncracked for $1800 last fall. Came down the pipeline: Medina to Brett to me. Tuff to find. Email for pics.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

nothing. i am paying my debts! although, i did buy a laptop which i needed.