Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Do Football Players Wear Underpants?

It may seem silly, but I'm serious. I'm in the process of completing an entire Packers jersey and have located a nice pair of game worn home pants to go with the jersey. After close examination, there appears to be some brown skid markings in the seat. Just to be on the safe side, and after looking at hundreds of photos and cards, all I can see under the pants are what appears to be a jock (the long straps).

Do football players wear anything under their pants other than a jock?

Thanks.
    Ralph

Re: Do Football Players Wear Underpants?

Years ago the players wore a football girdle which was basically a pair of shorts where you fit your hip and butt pads. Now I think most football pants now have the compartments for the pads and the players choose to wear whatever undergarments they want to.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

skid marks??? Didnt Mark Schlereth have a habit of crapping his pant during games rather then coming out??? I think thats how he got the nickname Stink!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    It may seem silly, but I'm serious. I'm in the process of completing an entire Packers jersey and have located a nice pair of game worn home pants to go with the jersey. After close examination, there appears to be some brown skid markings in the seat. Just to be on the safe side, and after looking at hundreds of photos and cards, all I can see under the pants are what appears to be a jock (the long straps).

Thanks.
    Ralph
    Ralph - I am rolling on the flloor laughing. Can you put up a photo of the pants. Have to see this. Are there pockets inside for the pads. If not then Andrew is correct and the player would have worn a girdle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    Ralph - I am rolling on the flloor laughing. Can you put up a photo of the pants. Have to see this. Are there pockets inside for the pads. If not then Andrew is correct and the player would have worn a girdle.
    I've requested photos from the seller who offered these to me and willpost when they arrive.

Thanks for all of the help, guys!

Ralph

Most guys wear girdles (aka compression shorts). There are pocketed and non pocketed girdles. Players can get pants with pockets in them for their knee and thigh pads.

Must be some old pictures if you can find a guy wearing a cup.

For the most part, no one in the last 25 years in the NFL has worn one.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Banned

As funny as this post is couldn't it be dirt stains?

Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post

Thanks.
    Ralph
    Yes they do....

Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Some do, I would say most don't.

And it's hard to find player these days who wear any tail or hip pads. They seemed to have abandoned those dinosaurs long ago for the sleeker "look". Some linemen still wear them, but not many at all.