Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OT: Who Has The Worst Looking Signature

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    Pedroia consistently makes the same error that many athletes do and it always irks me - that should read '07 not 07'

I owned Pedroia's 2007 World Series game used hat and he made that same mistake - at some point you would think someone would tell him the correct way to shorten the year
    I know I already responded to this post, but upon further reflection, you're dreaming if you expect a young, coddled athlete to pay any attention to "correct usage". And given some of the educators of today, who believe that standardized writing is but a means of oppression, I doubt if players' orthography will reflect the grammatical norms of the last century.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

From a current ebay auction, Mariner prospect Carlos Triunfel would have to be up there (assuming somebody is not trying to auction their two year old kid's doodling). From sellers own words "Please take a look at the picture(s) of this great looking bat!" Also of note for any Triunfel fans, this autograph will pass any authentication process out there. Guaranteed.

email is matmuell at umich.edu

Quote Originally Posted by mattmueller View Post
    From a current ebay auction, Mariner prospect Carlos Triunfel would have to be up there (assuming somebody is not trying to auction their two year old kid's doodling). From sellers own words "Please take a look at the picture(s) of this great looking bat!" Also of note for any Triunfel fans, this autograph will pass any authentication process out there. Guaranteed.
    I had to laugh when I read this post. I looked at the photo first, and thought, that looks just like the sig I got on a ball last year during the Arizona Fall League. I run down foul balls and get them signed by the player who hit them. The player and signature I remembered, in this case?

Carlos Triunfel.

I am honestly pretty close to speechless.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Carlos Gomez
    Sylbry! You made me laff so hard! The first one that came to my mind was Carlos Gomez too!! So bad for one so young and so unproven.

To me a slop signature comes off as a form of arrogance. For the Twins, that is one thing Harmon Killebrew will talk to young players about during the winter caravan. He'll tell them fans cherish the autographs and to take a second or two longer and give them something they can both be proud of. I believe Torii Hunter was one who changed his signature early on because of Harmon.

Ohhh, but then there is my own guy, Marty Cordova, who could be absolutely awful at times.

Worst Autographs

Just saw this one on NFL Auctions of singer Tim McGraw and it got me thinking...who has the worst autograph?

Are you really buying this for the autograph or for the helmet and removing the autograph?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Worst Autographs

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    Just saw this one on NFL Auctions of singer Tim McGraw and it got me thinking...who has the worst autograph?

Are you really buying this for the autograph or for the helmet and removing the autograph?
    The list of candidates is endless. Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, most hockey players.

IMO Chris Johnson has a terrible signature. Just a C and a scribble. There also is one player that i saw that played football and had his cards in one of the bowman sterling boxes. I can't recall his name, but his signature looked like a check mark

Andre Ethier has a pretty bad one. So does Cardinals pitching prospect Lance Lynn. Those two come to mind for me at the time.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    There also is one player that i saw that played football and had his cards in one of the bowman sterling boxes. I can't recall his name, but his signature looked like a check mark
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller