Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fake Steiner Cert, Junk on eBay

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Some of these guys on eBay are just unbelievable. Check out this gem, a 1/1 Obama Jordan signed baseball, complete with Steiner Sports authentication. http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This brilliant guy left the MLB authenticated hologram on the ball, to add to the balls authenticity... and also added the number to the Steiner cert. Funny thing is Steiner must have made a mistake because the ball comes up as:[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Session Product Description:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] GAME USED BALL[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Session Name:[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']PHIL HUGHES SIGNING[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    Session Date: April 29, 2007
    Autographer: [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']PHIL HUGHES[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    Authenticator: [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']AUTHENTICATORS, INC.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Because there is just no way this guy took a Hughes game used ball and removed the signature and signed two ridiculous looking signatures himself…[/FONT]

Re: Fake Steiner Cert, Junk on eBay

No idea what happened there, here is the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9[/font]

Guy took a phil hughes game used signed ball, removed the signature and tried to turn it into an Obama Jordan dual signed ball, complete with Steiner certification. Just a joke.

Banned

This is criminal and downright laughable. As we all know Steiner has not used the paper cert. for several years and Obama was a nobody when they used them. Jordan is a many years Upper Deck exclusive so why would he sign for Steiner? And the two autographs are not even close to what authentic signatures look like, among 1,000 other issues. Yet the guy has over 500 postive feedbacks and zero negatives so I guess it shows you what feedback is worth.

If your gonna fake something atleast have the signatures going in the same direction so it displays nicely and not in that perpendicular pattern that they currently exhist in. And that doesn't even begin to describe the ugliness of the autos themselves LOL. I should be getting my BO auto'd pic in the mail any day now and I can look to see if that is even close...but that MJ is very wrong in sooooooo many ways (and I'm not even an autograph person)!!! Amazing and disappointing at the same time.

wade

Banned

So, there's no Steiner hologram on the ball ? How did he get the COA to look like that? The Obama signature acyually looks close(I have a real one). I'm not saying it's real, but how did he get the COA to look like that? And if he has a Steiner Holo on the ball, how is that explained ?

Banned

Here's my Obama auto. I got it before he even had the Democratic Nomination. It looks a lot like the one on the ball. So, when you say this fake one doesn't look like the real deal. That's just not true. As far as Jordan, he writes so sloppy it's sometimes hard to tell. I've always refused to pay the ridiculous prices for Jordan autos when he puts little or no effort into making a clean signature.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TDKID View Post
    Here's my Obama auto. I got it before he even had the Democratic Nomination. It looks a lot like the one on the ball. So, when you say this fake one doesn't look like the real deal. That's just not true. As far as Jordan, he writes so sloppy it's sometimes hard to tell. I've always refused to pay the ridiculous prices for Jordan autos when he puts little or no effort into making a clean signature.
    There are several differences between your in person Obama signature and the signature in the listing. I printed them both and compared them side by side. I have seen many Jordan baseball sigs that are Upper Deck certified the signature in question is not even close to any of them. There is also an illegible inscription below the signature and Jordan rarely inscribes his signature and I have never seen it done on a baseball. UDA has an exclusive contract with him (for over 15 years) and he would be breaching it and subjecting himself to a lawsuit by doing a signing with Steiner. The Jordan stuff Steiner has sold was purchased from Upper Deck and has UDA holograms and COAs. Steiner does not employ autograph hounds who get signatures at hotels, airports, events, etc. so it could not have come that way. Every modern Steiner signature sells was obtained at a Steiner contracted sit down signing or purchased from another major autograph company. Also the baseball lacks the Steiner hologram and has what appears to be an "MLB hologram". The picture is too blurry to see the number of course but I am willing to bet the farm that the database will not id it as the item that was being offered if it shows up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    There are several differences between your in person Obama signature and the signature in the listing. I printed them both and compared them side by side. I have seen many Jordan baseball sigs that are Upper Deck certified the signature in question is not even close to any of them. There is also an illegible inscription below the signature and Jordan rarely inscribes his signature and I have never seen it done on a baseball. UDA has an exclusive contract with him (for over 15 years) and he would be breaching it and subjecting himself to a lawsuit by doing a signing with Steiner. The Jordan stuff Steiner has sold was purchased from Upper Deck and has UDA holograms and COAs. Steiner does not employ autograph hounds who get signatures at hotels, airports, events, etc. so it could not have come that way. Every modern Steiner signature sells was obtained at a Steiner contracted sit down signing or purchased from another major autograph company. Also the baseball lacks the Steiner hologram and has what appears to be an "MLB hologram". The picture is too blurry to see the number of course but I am willing to bet the farm that the database will not id it as the item that was being offered if it shows up at all.
    The MLB hologram on that dual signed junk ball is BB349671, he was kind enough to list that info on his credit card style Steiner cert. When you look it up in the MLB data base, you can see what the item originally was before he doctored with it.

GAME USED BALL
    Session Name: PHIL HUGHES SIGNING
    Autographer: PHIL HUGHES
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gucollector View Post
    The MLB hologram on that dual signed junk ball is BB349671, he was kind enough to list that info on his credit card style Steiner cert. When you look it up in the MLB data base, you can see what the item originally was before he doctored with it.

GAME USED BALL
    Session Name: PHIL HUGHES SIGNING
    Autographer: PHIL HUGHES
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    I wondered where you had gotten that from in your first post. That is pretty dumb if you are going to go to all that trouble with fake COAs and creating sigs why put something that can be easily verified? Who spending almost 2 grand would not look it up before bidding? I just found it interesting that there was a post trying to defend it as possibly legit. I just wonder why the auction ended, hopefully he did not sell this prize off Ebay.

I sent the seller an email calling him out, he responded with two ridiculous emails and then pulled the auction. I am sure we will see it again soon.

His response: "though authentic, not ready for sale, thanks for the heads up, you pathetic broke and ignorant moron. I don't understand the Phil Hughes reference though."