Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mlb Authenticated Items Used After Being Authenticated

Here's an example or two of items still being used after being MLB authenticated....
    The first is this Gerald Laird helmet. I took this picture off a previous post when the tigers played the twins last October in the tie breaker game. A lot of us noticed the authentication sticker under the bill on Lairds helmet when he was batting.....turns out the helmet (along w/ the other tigers helmets) were authenticated after their last road game Sept 27th....all being used again on the road for the tie breaker game.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Re: Mlb Authenticated Items Used After Being Authenticated

another example is this Craig Monroe helmet...........this is authenticated from the ALDS in 2006 in New York. I had heard rumor that these were most likely their ALCS & world series helmets too. This was before the tigers had a full blown authentics department. I had photomatced this ALDS helmet to a photo of Monroe in game 3 of the world series at St. Louis.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    Here's an example or two of items still being used after being MLB authenticated....
    The first is this Gerald Laird helmet. I took this picture off a previous post when the tigers played the twins last October in the tie breaker game. A lot of us noticed the authentication sticker under the bill on Lairds helmet when he was batting.....turns out the helmet (along w/ the other tigers helmets) were authenticated after their last road game Sept 27th....all being used again on the road for the tie breaker game.
    great example. this is a rare occurrence but in this instance (tie breaker game) it makes sense. why use another helmet if you have a perfectly good helmet available for use. did you notice any other sticker on other equpment from that day like on a jersey? helmets are rare so maybe that is why while a player may have 2 jerseys available for that day.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I didn't notice any others, the Laird one stuck out so much on TV. If the tigers had made the playoffs, I'm sure most guys would have still worn their same helmets too. Someone once told me, when a team gets into the playoffs, MLB will send their own authenticaters in to do the games, I dont know if thats true or not. I guess on the tigers end, you would have to authenticated after the last road game, so the authenticaters could put game used....if they would have waited & not made the playoffs...the authenticaters wouldn't have seen the items come off the field.
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

The Holo on the Laird helmet is not the authenticated holo, it's te officially licensed product holo which is usually found on the inside of helmets, his just happens to be on the brim.

Nevet mind didn't see your picture of the helmet, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The Holo on the Laird helmet is not the authenticated holo, it's te officially licensed product holo which is usually found on the inside of helmets, his just happens to be on the brim.
    No its the mlb hologram, because you can see the other one inside the helmet.

ever seen a mlb hologram on a bat during the game?

I recently picked up justin smoaks first career hit and hr bat from mlb auctions. While looking at footage of the both games i was also able to photomatch the bat. The grain as well as the blue spots match up in both at bats. I found it strange while watching the first homerun at bat you can see that the holo for first hit is already attached to the handle of the bat. there currently is a 12 on the knob and i am pretty certain it was written after the fact.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Re: ever seen a mlb hologram on a bat during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    I recently picked up justin smoaks first career hit and hr bat from mlb auctions. While looking at footage of the both games i was also able to photomatch the bat. The grain as well as the blue spots match up in both at bats. I found it strange while watching the first homerun at bat you can see that the holo for first hit is already attached to the handle of the bat. there currently is a 12 on the knob and i am pretty certain it was written after the fact.
    Congrats on the pickup Josh, tremendous bat to have especially if Justin puts together a decent career. To have a chance to get a bat like that is pretty rare especially from a nice prospect!

Re: ever seen a mlb hologram on a bat during the game?

awesome bat pickup!!
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net