Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Arod bat question

I was wondering if Arod ever taped the handles of his bats during his days with seattle. anyone have any photos of him using a taped handle while with seattle?

Re: Arod bat question

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    I was wondering if Arod ever taped the handles of his bats during his days with seattle. anyone have any photos of him using a taped handle while with seattle?
    Arod on occassion borrowed Griffey's bat, which were taped.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

no this is an arod LVS C271 from his days in seattle....has a taped handle....I went through every getty image from 94-00....as you pointed out I did see a few with the griffey criss cross tape job....but none matching the tape of the bat I am interested in.

no this is an arod LVS C271 from his days in seattle....has a taped handle....I went through every getty image from 94-00....as you pointed out I did see a few with the griffey criss cross tape job....but none matching the tape of the bat I am interested in.
    never seen without the crisscross pattern. maybe he gave it someone. you know what year the bat is from? anything on the knob? maybe mariners collectors can tell us what other teammates taped up their bats back in seattle. any documentation on the bat?

awhile back we found a taped bats from when he was a yankee give to montero and we thought it was more a montero characteristic looking at photos of montero in the minors.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I asked the seller if he knew what year it was from, but haven't gotten a reply yet. there is no documentation...and no writing on the knob either

I asked the seller if he knew what year it was from, but haven't gotten a reply yet. there is no documentation...and no writing on the knob either
    only taped arod bat i would consider is a griffey model bat with papers from coast2coast or millcreek. my 2 cents.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com