Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Will/Has the GU market become over saturated?

Quote Originally Posted by zooat2 View Post
    - I began wondering about this question the other day as I was looking thru the JO Sports and Steiner websites. There are SO many jerseys, line up cards, bases, balls etc.. that probably will never be sold, because they are either a) too expensive or b) too many out there....etc..

- So I was wondering what my fellow experts/hobbists thought about this question..do you any of you wonder about it as well?...

Here is my take on this situation:

If we are talking about GU inserts in packs, then YES it is over saturated! It has been for years!

As for actual game used jerseys, bats, cleats, etc... it might look over-saturated but it is not. If Steiner and other sporting company willing to lower their profit margins, I know there will be more collectors/dealers will jump at the opportunity.

If they have 10 Jeter GU bat at $1000 each, I will buy them all. Wishful thinking.

Same can be said for Mariano GU WS jersey - if it is under $2000, I will buy a couple!

So again, it is the VERY HIGH price marks that makes these items become unattainable for just any JOE SHMOE!

Just my .05 cent!

Banned

Re: Will/Has the GU market become over saturated?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    Here is my take on this situation:

If we are talking about GU inserts in packs, then YES it is over saturated! It has been for years!

As for actual game used jerseys, bats, cleats, etc... it might look over-saturated but it is not. If Steiner and other sporting company willing to lower their profit margins, I know there will be more collectors/dealers will jump at the opportunity.

If they have 10 Jeter GU bat at $1000 each, I will buy them all. Wishful thinking.

Same can be said for Mariano GU WS jersey - if it is under $2000, I will buy a couple!

So again, it is the VERY HIGH price marks that makes these items become unattainable for just any JOE SHMOE!

Just my .05 cent!

That's a good point. So you're saying that the high prices cause items to sit, thus causing the market to look over saturated. And these high prices only allow a select(deep-pocketed)group are buying. I totally agree with you, and I think it would come down to dealers lowering their high profit margins.