Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, but that doesn't apply to vintage players.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

There will never be another jersey worn by a retired player. Therefore there are only a set amount of them in the world and an inability to increase the supply.

I think line up cards are an excellent collectible. I bought the Braves card from the day my wife and I were married. We went to our first game in Atlanta on our honeymoon and if it ever pops up, I'll buy that one too. When my unborn children go to their first game, again getting that.

I know the Mets had (have?) a program where you can get a ball used in the game, a base used in the game and the lineup card from the game all framed together beautifully. It's expensive but who here wouldn't want that from their first game with their dad? (or other significant person)

Bottom line? There were only a few items from your favorite game. You'll never see your first game again. In that sense, it can't be over saturated for you. For others, a June 12th game used ball is no different than an August 1st and any other game from the last 25 seasons. One man's white whale is anothers over saturated mess.