Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: An example of why the forum has issues...

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I have no suggestion at this point, but there are two other forums I am involved with (not sports related), and there has never been an issue. One forum is very large, and complex (with editing features!) but no problems and posting is easy. The best part is that everyone receives pm's and when one is received you get an email alerting you. I have no problem if someone is banned, and they want a second chance. But if you get that second chance, PLEASE take advantage of it and just work with everyone. I cannot tell you how helpful this forum has been to me, and couldn't be more thankful as a buyer and enthusiast.

I find your answer to be a great one. It's strange how the forums you belong to and I belong to do not (often) exhibit the sigh-inducing garbage that has been common here for a good while.

I agree with posters who say it is harder to learn on this forum because of all the useless crud you have to wade through to find it. I do find material on a daily basis though that is valuable to me and comes free. For that, and to those who post such helpful info, I am in your debt.

It pains me to actually get involved with threads like this, but if you want to rid this forum of the clowns just ignore their threads. The more you feed into people like yankees.stub, the more BS you're going to receive.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me.

Well then, they could also use your checking account to verify your identity, kinda like paypal verifies its members......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    ..... click on the USER CP ... modify your profile and please add me to your BLOCK LIST...
    Chris, one thing you might consider if you haven't already is blocking the IP address of banned users.

This particular user, for example, was certainly well versed in the mechanics of your system, considering he'd only been a member for a week.

Not saying it's impossible, but factor in the topic spamming, the contrived 'broken English', and the rapid progression to meltdown, and it doesn't add up to 'new user'.

Of course, blocking an IP is not foolproof, but it's probably enough to disuade all but the most determined troublemakers.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

As a total noob on this forum, it really comes across that people are REALLY uptight around here.

Maybe the site would benefit by having a "Lounge Area" that serves as an off-topic area. This will not only generate more traffic on the board, but it will be more acceptable to go off-topic.

An off topic chat section I think would be a good idea.
    As a member of multiple stock car racing forums. They all have off topic chat areas or general chat sections. One forums no longer allows political talk and that cleared up a lot of problems.
    Most of the forums I'm involved with have strong moderators. They will delete spam or a bad post right away. They will send warnings and they keep it up they ban them. The moderators don't play favorites either.
    I don't use credit cards either. If your credit card info was stored in the forums server and it got hacked. That would be a bad deal. Maybe that wouldn't happen though.
    Also as I learned on the racing forums If you don't agree it's just best not to repsond and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    As a total noob on this forum, it really comes across that people are REALLY uptight around here.
    I was a noob in this forum a few years ago. Apparently, I got here right at the threshhold of a new era of members. I'm not usually uptight - read my other posts. But there are some people who have zero respect for others.

I'll talk to you in a few years Punch.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Well then, they could also use your checking account to verify your identity, kinda like paypal verifies its members......
    The only thing though, is I sort of fall in to that "minors" category (without technically being a minor), so I really have nothing other than my verizon email address.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    Let's take suggestions then for ID methods. What is yours? Leaving things the way they are is unworkable. Let's provide solutions instead of more obstacles. This place has proven it cannot be left to self-police so who has suggestions?

Let's turn it over to Obama. He'll fix it, right Dave M.?