Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

An example of why the forum has issues...

This kind of post is not about the game used hobby...and it does not benefit the collector. I am re-broadcasting it here because I don't think the mods will see it unless it's advertised under a different heading.

Sorry if this irritates anyone, but rarely do I get my feathers ruffled like this:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=32975

BTW, I did contact the mods...no response yet, but I imagine they will eventually take action.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: An example of why the forum has issues...

Dave, ur not alone buddy!

My Grama used to say "A Wise Man speaks because he has something to say, a Fool speaks because he has to say something"

So True...I tend to ignore people that dont sign their posts/e-mails.

Sean

We are in the process of putting together a moderating committee that should help in monitoring situations like this. In the meantime, I have made the decision to ban one of the members that seemed to disrupt the positive environment of the forum.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    We are in the process of putting together a moderating committee that should help in monitoring situations like this. In the meantime, I have made the decision to ban one of the members that seemed to disrupt the positive environment of the forum.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
    Thank you Chris as I see you banned Yankees.Stub.

It did take too long in my opinion although I know you said you were tied up with some personal issues.

It has been 5 days of this guys nonsense and tough to read through anything.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Thank you Chris as I see you banned Yankees.Stub.

It did take too long in my opinion although I know you said you were tied up with some personal issues.

It has been 5 days of this guys nonsense and tough to read through anything.
    +1

Much appreciated Chris.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would totally support a new and improved registration process that utilizes ONLY a valid credit card for a means of weeding out the people we are trying to bannish successfully. I log on at home and at work and my IP address is obviously different, so what's to preclude me from using multiple identities (which I do not do).

I belong to various other fora and I never have seen the level of undesirables that I see here. And I am not referring to ANY properly, currently registered member. Between the Civil War, boating and muscle car sites I have belonged to for years, moderators police the action fast, with conviction and finality. I am GLAD that Chris has deigned to do this, but the hell has all hours a day on their hands to police this mischief? He needs help and I hope that qualified, attentive moderators will answer Chris' call.

I have made some friends here through buying/selling and I look forward to more positive experiences and learning what I can from those who know a lot more about GU collecting than I do. I hope those with small minds and big egos will just.....go away, with finality.

You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me. This forum, is fine but you do have people that just like to cause problems. It's too bad, and I have no idea why this has to be the forum where people get so personal with attacks and all. So the next question is, what's the next username for yankees.stub?

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    I would totally support a new and improved registration process that utilizes ONLY a valid credit card for a means of weeding out the people we are trying to bannish successfully. I log on at home and at work and my IP address is obviously different, so what's to preclude me from using multiple identities (which I do not do).
    The idea about a valid credit card is great. Thanks for bringing it up.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    You cannot go te credit card route though because there are people that do not have a credit card, like me. This forum, is fine but you do have people that just like to cause problems. It's too bad, and I have no idea why this has to be the forum where people get so personal with attacks and all. So the next question is, what's the next username for yankees.stub?

Let's take suggestions then for ID methods. What is yours? Leaving things the way they are is unworkable. Let's provide solutions instead of more obstacles. This place has proven it cannot be left to self-police so who has suggestions?

I have no suggestion at this point, but there are two other forums I am involved with (not sports related), and there has never been an issue. One forum is very large, and complex (with editing features!) but no problems and posting is easy. The best part is that everyone receives pm's and when one is received you get an email alerting you. I have no problem if someone is banned, and they want a second chance. But if you get that second chance, PLEASE take advantage of it and just work with everyone. I cannot tell you how helpful this forum has been to me, and couldn't be more thankful as a buyer and enthusiast.