X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Recommendation to Reslove GUU Drama

Originally posted by Genke
    frikativ54 thought she had identified a newer member as one who was recently banned, but was wrong as pointed out by Andrew Lang;
    I was wrong? How do you know, buster? Er...Buster!

-bigtruck260 posted to stress the rediculous nature of the attack on the forum by yankees'stub;
    Learn how to spell "ridiculous". That misspelling is a dead giveaway. How many times are you going to come back under different names?

-frikativ54 got butt-hurt again by Andrew exposing her doing exactly what she continually posts that no one else should do, which in not accuse members without proof, and she couldn't handle it, made a few nasty comments about the site, and promised she was done with the site once again
    Stop going from thread to thread trolling me and baiting me at every move. As a junior member, you sure seem to have a lot of stake in the goings on of this forum. I wasn't going to post, but I will not stand for my name being trashed like this on a public forum.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

My suggestion to ease the drama…..lets set up a GUU cage fight and let people put their money where their mouths are.

Les, Respectfully take a pill and try to calm down. You are very passionate about a lot of things…but it all leads to a bunch of the drama that everyone is trying to weed out. Just because somebody does not agree with you, does not mean that they are trashing you or calling you out. I have made some pretty blatant errors in past post and been blasted hard on it. I have also resolved to agree to disagree with members on issues as well.

Additionally, let me say that I don’t care about people’s misspellings or other grammar errors. If I can understand what they are saying that’s good enough for me. Same goes with the big words…I learned them all in college, then made it into the real world and was taught the KISS rule.

These are just some friendly suggestions to help you avoid conflict and help me from having to read all of the drama.

As for everything else…I don’t mind the OT threads as I can choose to open them or pass over them. The part that drives me away (often for months at a time) is all of the tit for tat, “real” personal attacks, and other random things that derail the topic. There is nothing worse than reading a good thread for post 1-4, then 5-17 as a bunch of random BS, 18 being the best reply, then 19-23 as more BS….just too much to wade through.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
        Tony, nice signature.....where did you get it? Do you even know where that was taken from? Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery!
        I was wondering when yoiu were going to catch that. I copied your signature right after the Yankees won the World Series.

Forgot to say thanks!!

Regards, Tony
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 3arod13
          I was wondering when yoiu were going to catch that. I copied your signature right after the Yankees won the World Series.

Forgot to say thanks!!
          Regards, Tony
          LOL, no problem. My lack of interest in these threads has kept me away lately so, yeah, I never noticed until yesterday.

It is actually a quote from the greatest Ditka movie ever - Kicking & Screaming w/ Will Ferrell. Ditka ends up coaching a kids soccer league and at a banquet he ends up spouting off that quote. Well of course he said it without any of that Yankees garbage in it.....

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Here is my idea: To prevent banned members from returning under a new alias, they could require that anyone who seeks to sign up provide a telephone number and before registeration is effective and they can post, one of the members of the new mod committee could call that number and verify the person's identity. I think this would work better than the credit card idea as some people would be wary of giving out that info. and it would take two minutes to do and there are not so many new members that the mods would get overwhelmed and these trolls as people have called them on here are not likely to be brazen enough to try to create new aliases if they have to pass the phone test.

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
              Here is my idea: To prevent banned members from returning under a new alias, they could require that anyone who seeks to sign up provide a telephone number and before registeration is effective and they can post, one of the members of the new mod committee could call that number and verify the person's identity. I think this would work better than the credit card idea as some people would be wary of giving out that info. and it would take two minutes to do and there are not so many new members that the mods would get overwhelmed and these trolls as people have called them on here are not likely to be brazen enough to try to create new aliases if they have to pass the phone test.
              I'm sure there are some guys here that don't have a phone

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481

Good minds think alike. I made the phone # suggestions and a few others yesterday on another thread.

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                I'm sure there are some guys here that don't have a phone
                Has to be a required field with an actual call to verify.
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                  http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=32983&page=4

Good minds think alike. I made the phone # suggestions and a few others yesterday on another thread.

Has to be a required field with an actual call to verify.
                  Oh I did not see that. There are so many threads on here related to this subject that I have not read most of them but regardless of who came up with it first I defintely think it is the best idea. It is easy to hid behind aliases and stuff online but it would take a pretty brazen person not to mention a talented actor to be able to pull it off on the phone.

Comment

Working...