Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Recommendation to Reslove GUU Drama

Well, I tried. I wish it could go back to the way it was when I first joined this site a few years ago. The biggest arguments (debates) were over whether an item was authentic or not. Not many personal attacks like today.

I wish everyone would stop getting so personal. We all have our own views and attitudes about things. I just think many can use better judgment when responding or posting.

Good luck!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Well, I tried. I wish it could go back to the way it was when I first joined this site a few years ago. The biggest arguments (debates) were over whether an item was authentic or not. Not many personal attacks like today.

I wish everyone would stop getting so personal. We all have our own views and attitudes about things. I just think many can use better judgment when responding or posting.

Good luck!

Regards, Tony
    Tony, nice signature.....where did you get it? Do you even know where that was taken from? Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery!

I sure would like to know what I missed.

Take a day off from here and all kinds of drama occurs!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I sure would like to know what I missed.

Take a day off from here and all kinds of drama occurs!

Let me take a shot at this for you............

-yankees.stub continued to ramble in a relentless manner about meaningless subjects that continued to irritate forum members;

-nice long-standing forum members did their best to discuss what would stop all of the drama on the site on no fewer than three different posts;

-both-teams-played-hard fired off a couple of funny pictures to rub in the point of the thread

-frikativ54 thought she had identified a newer member as one who was recently banned, but was wrong as pointed out by Andrew Lang;

-yankees.stub, the member frikativ54 had wrongly id'd went on a rant against a few members adding to the mess;

-bigtruck260 posted to stress the rediculous nature of the attack on the forum by yankees'stub;

-Chris Cavalier finally got it, and banned the guy;

-frikativ54 got butt-hurt again by Andrew exposing her doing exactly what she continually posts that no one else should do, which in not accuse members without proof, and she couldn't handle it, made a few nasty comments about the site, and promised she was done with the site once again

Pretty much, business as usual.........another typical day on "As the forum grumbles".

Quote Originally Posted by Genke View Post
    -both-teams-played-hard fired off a couple of funny pictures to rub in the point of the thread
    I must defend myself. I never posted any photos in response to the banned member in question. I did post a photo showing how to remove a watermark, which was on-topic to the thread.
    In the spirit of the forum, I pulled this one out of the archive:

The drama on these said threads, was like a Disney film on hot milk......ZZZZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Genke View Post
    frikativ54 thought she had identified a newer member as one who was recently banned, but was wrong as pointed out by Andrew Lang;
    I was wrong? How do you know, buster? Er...Buster!

-bigtruck260 posted to stress the rediculous nature of the attack on the forum by yankees'stub;
    Learn how to spell "ridiculous". That misspelling is a dead giveaway. How many times are you going to come back under different names?

-frikativ54 got butt-hurt again by Andrew exposing her doing exactly what she continually posts that no one else should do, which in not accuse members without proof, and she couldn't handle it, made a few nasty comments about the site, and promised she was done with the site once again
    Stop going from thread to thread trolling me and baiting me at every move. As a junior member, you sure seem to have a lot of stake in the goings on of this forum. I wasn't going to post, but I will not stand for my name being trashed like this on a public forum.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

My suggestion to ease the drama…..lets set up a GUU cage fight and let people put their money where their mouths are.

Les, Respectfully take a pill and try to calm down. You are very passionate about a lot of things…but it all leads to a bunch of the drama that everyone is trying to weed out. Just because somebody does not agree with you, does not mean that they are trashing you or calling you out. I have made some pretty blatant errors in past post and been blasted hard on it. I have also resolved to agree to disagree with members on issues as well.

Additionally, let me say that I don’t care about people’s misspellings or other grammar errors. If I can understand what they are saying that’s good enough for me. Same goes with the big words…I learned them all in college, then made it into the real world and was taught the KISS rule.

These are just some friendly suggestions to help you avoid conflict and help me from having to read all of the drama.

As for everything else…I don’t mind the OT threads as I can choose to open them or pass over them. The part that drives me away (often for months at a time) is all of the tit for tat, “real” personal attacks, and other random things that derail the topic. There is nothing worse than reading a good thread for post 1-4, then 5-17 as a bunch of random BS, 18 being the best reply, then 19-23 as more BS….just too much to wade through.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Tony, nice signature.....where did you get it? Do you even know where that was taken from? Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery!
    I was wondering when yoiu were going to catch that. I copied your signature right after the Yankees won the World Series.

Forgot to say thanks!!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I was wondering when yoiu were going to catch that. I copied your signature right after the Yankees won the World Series.

Forgot to say thanks!!
    Regards, Tony
    LOL, no problem. My lack of interest in these threads has kept me away lately so, yeah, I never noticed until yesterday.

It is actually a quote from the greatest Ditka movie ever - Kicking & Screaming w/ Will Ferrell. Ditka ends up coaching a kids soccer league and at a banquet he ends up spouting off that quote. Well of course he said it without any of that Yankees garbage in it.....

Banned

Here is my idea: To prevent banned members from returning under a new alias, they could require that anyone who seeks to sign up provide a telephone number and before registeration is effective and they can post, one of the members of the new mod committee could call that number and verify the person's identity. I think this would work better than the credit card idea as some people would be wary of giving out that info. and it would take two minutes to do and there are not so many new members that the mods would get overwhelmed and these trolls as people have called them on here are not likely to be brazen enough to try to create new aliases if they have to pass the phone test.