Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Recommendation to Reslove GUU Drama

I'm just happy something is FINALLY getting done.

Re: Recommendation to Reslove GUU Drama

I think a bigger problem has been the fact that as the acid and stupidity has accumulated over a number of years, it's driven away a number of quality posters who actually would like to discuss issues, items, and pretty much anything else. I'm not going to act like I'm a quality member or someone irreplaceable, but I got to a point of scanning the boards maybe once a week, seeing very little or nothing of value, and moving on. That's been over the last year or more that I've done that.

But I think the biggest problem ultimately comes down to the fact that too many people have been acting like high schoolers. Actually, that gives way too much credit...middle schoolers at best. There'd be a discussion on something, and someone with a personal issue with a participant would air their dirty laundry and the whole thing would just degenerate. Or someone would post something that was sent in an email on the boards and trigger a huge argument that way.

Regrettably, I think those bridges may have been burned for good. So unless there's a way to both clean out the trash and get the best of the hobby back into the fold, this is all empty talk and will never progress beyond that point.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs