Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtime59
    • Nov 2005

Re: cool base is garbage

One thing to remember is that there is more than one type of Cool Base material. What's currently being used for the game jerseys is what was used for BPs between 2004-2007. What's currently being used for BPs was previously used for what, soccer jerseys?
    And if you want to talk discomfort: ever hefted a 100% NYLON jersey? Nasty...seriously nasty.
    Mark
    msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
      • May 2009

I have a nylon Expos jersey and it is very heavy for a jersey. I think it's neat though since, they were the only and last team (I believe) to use them at that time (2004).

Comment

• Genke
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

The Dodgers switched strictly to all cool base last year.

Comment

• pietraynor
          • Nov 2005

The majority, if not all, of the Pirates '09 jerseys I saw recently were Cool Base. Jay.

Comment

• jppopma
            • Mar 2006

For the last couple of years, it was up to the individual player to opt to wear the cool base jerseys. Lately there are teams that are switching to exclusive cool base. I also heard rumor last year that all teams will be making the change in the next years. I'm not really sure if its a money thing, I'd almost expect the cool base to have a higher price to the teams.

We can only hope for a new MLB contract jersey manufacturer when Majestic's current one if up.

Comment

• flaco1801
              • Nov 2005

hey, maybe Hanes can make a high quality tee shirt.... the players would be more comfortable, the owners can sell tons of tee shirts for a huge profit...

Comment

• bigtime59
                • Nov 2005

I will agree that the current BP jerseys, with their heat-pressed letters and numbers, are inferior to their predecessors, but I really have nothing against the Cool Base fabrics used on the game jerseys.
                Mark
                msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• xpress34
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by flaco1801
                  hey, maybe Hanes can make a high quality tee shirt.... the players would be more comfortable, the owners can sell tons of tee shirts for a huge profit...
                  They already make one - it's called the Hanes 'Beefy' T. They became quite popular in the 80's with the 'Relax' T-Shirts and such as they were a heavy cotton and very durable.

They could possibly hold up very favorably to MLB conditions!!!

- Chris

Comment

Working...