Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNabb Gamer

McNabb Gamer

Any thoughts on this McNabb jersey? Bidding ends tomorrow. Looked at various photos from the '04 season and other McNabb gamers and it seems legit. Certainly not an expert, but I think I'm safe to bid.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=55122

Re: McNabb Gamer

wasn't MeiGray handling Eagles jerseys in 2004? If so, I wouldn't touch one (particularly of a star player) without their pedigree.

Not sure. Wasn't able to find any 2004 Eagles jerseys on their site. That was the first place I looked. I haven't seen any others up for auction except a few charity auctions. Spoke with the guys at A.M and they said the guy who cosigned has had the jersey for years, but didn't provide a "story" of how he got it. Makes me a bit suspicious. Would have loved to hear that his dad was an equipment guy or something similar. It's possible it is a gamer, but with no COA of any kind it is a tough call.

Hi everybody,

Yes, we were working with the Eagles in 2004. We received one black, and one white McNabb gamer in 2004.

Although we did not receive a green one, I would be very careful with this one.

Here's why: The white McNabb we received directly from the Eagles was worn in six regular-season games, had great use, and was easily photo-matched to each of the games.

Our information in 2004 from the Eagles was that McNabb was not wearing many jerseys ... so one like this with no provenance, no credible authenticity and very little wear would seem to lack the necessary elements that would make MeiGray comfortable with its authenticity.

QB jerseys are so easily photo-matched when legitimate, that I would be very, very, very careful with this one.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Thanks Barry. Wonderful advice. I passed on this "McNabb" jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Hi everybody,

Yes, we were working with the Eagles in 2004. We received one black, and one white McNabb gamer in 2004.

Although we did not receive a green one, I would be very careful with this one.

Here's why: The white McNabb we received directly from the Eagles was worn in six regular-season games, had great use, and was easily photo-matched to each of the games.

Our information in 2004 from the Eagles was that McNabb was not wearing many jerseys ... so one like this with no provenance, no credible authenticity and very little wear would seem to lack the necessary elements that would make MeiGray comfortable with its authenticity.

QB jerseys are so easily photo-matched when legitimate, that I would be very, very, very careful with this one.

Hope this helps,

Barry
    Thanks for the great information.

I also was looking at this jersey.

Rob

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...+ASC&offset=30

Amrican memorabilia has another McNabb Jersey. This time from his rookie season. Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance
    Rob

FYI...I own the rookie green McNabb that he wore against Dallas, photomatched with all paperwork from eagles as they marketed their jerseys that year. Skip

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrelics View Post
    FYI...I own the rookie green McNabb that he wore against Dallas, photomatched with all paperwork from eagles as they marketed their jerseys that year. Skip

Thanks for the info. I wanted to send you a PM but your is turned off. Would you mind contacting me? I have a related question for you.

Rob
    urology007 at aol dot com

is anything authentic these days? The Steve Young from the GF auction, these Mcnabb gamers. Boy it is tough to find a real GU jersey these days! Kinda sad. What does everyone think of the Steve Young from AMI?